Paleo strawberry banana bread is moist, flavorful, healthful and absolutely delicious! With a berry-studded spin, this recipe is made with coconut flour and coconut sugar and is oh-so comforting.
Banana bread enthusiasts, and lovers of berries, you’re going to go BONKERS over this deliciously moist and flavorful Strawberry Banana Bread!
Grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and sweetened primarily with bananas, this paleo banana bread recipe not only tastes amazing, but it is nutritious as well. We’ve made banana bread countless times on this blog, but I must say I adore the simplicity of a berry-studded banana bread topped with sliced almonds. It just does the body well!
Made with coconut flour, tapioca flour, and coconut sugar, this recipe is lower glycemic than traditional banana bread, plus provides a nice boost of fiber, thanks to the coconut flour.
If you’ve made my Coconut Flour Banana Bread, this recipe is very similar! We simply make a couple of tweaks to accommodate for the added moisture from the strawberries.
Let’s bake a loaf!
How to Make Grain-Free Strawberry Banana Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients for the banana bread except for the strawberries to a blender. Blend until well-combined (note: you may need to stop your blender and scrape the sides with a rubber spatula once or twice).
Stir the chopped strawberries into the banana bread batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds (optional).
Bake 55 to 70 minutes, or until banana bread is golden-brown around the edges and feels firm when poked in the center.
Allow banana bread to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Can I Make Strawberry Banana Bread with Almond Flour?
Yes, you can absolutely make this recipe using almond flour! …With the caveat that you’ll need to change the entire recipe.
Coconut flour is not easily substitutable for any other flour, since it requires a great deal of eggs and liquid to perform properly. In order to make this recipe using almond flour, please follow my recipe for Paleo Banana Bread using almond flour.
Simply add 2 additional tablespoons of tapioca flour to the recipe, along with 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries and ½ teaspoon of almond extract. Follow the instructions in that post rather than this one 😀
Does this Bread Freeze Well?
With a resounding yes, this bread freezes well! In fact, I often freeze banana bread a few hours after I bake it in order to avoid the temptation to eat the whole loaf in one day. Simply wrap the leftovers in plastic wrap and place it in a zip lock bag to freeze.
I often slice the bread first so that when I want a piece, it is easier to grab just a slice from the freezer rather than having to thaw the whole loaf. Don’t tell the health nuts I say this, but I often reheat a slice in the microwave (you can also reheat in the oven if you don’t own or choose not to use a microwave).
- Replace the coconut sugar with 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup or honey if that is what you have on hand.
- Add some chopped walnuts or pecans!
- Swap the strawberries for blueberries or raspberries.
- Throw in some chocolate chips, why not?!
Enjoy this hunk of strawberry banana bread lovin.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread
Grain-free banana bread studded with fresh strawberries.
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, optional
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients for the banana bread except for the strawberries to a blender. Blend until well-combined (note: you may need to stop your blender and scrape the sides with a rubber spatula once or twice).
- Stir the chopped strawberries into the banana bread batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds (optional).
- Bake 55 to 70 minutes, or until banana bread is golden-brown around the edges and feels firm when poked in the center.Allow banana bread to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 slices Serving Size 1 of 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 23gFiber 5gSugar 13gProtein 4g
Monday 19th of August 2019
What is a substitute for tapioca flour?
Monday 19th of August 2019
You can replace the tapioca flour with arrowroot flour or potato starch / flour. :D Hope you enjoy!