Grain-free paleo carrot cake banana bread sweetened almost entirely with bananas. This easy, healthy, unique take on banana bread is prepared easily using your blender, and is sure to please the whole family.
Sometimes all you need in life is a moist, warm, perfectly textured loaf to really put things back into perspective. You know, bring your mind, body, and soul into divine homeostasis. Quench some cravings. Satisfy your hunger. Feed your need. Whet your whistle.
Enough of the loaf porn, let’s talk details.
This grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free carrot cake banana bread recipe is a cinch to make. You simply blend the banana bread base in a blender, fold in the carrot cake elements (carrots, raisins, shredded coconut, you catch my drift), and send it off into the ol’ oven for some baking.
A riff off my classic Paleo Banana Bread recipe, this loaf combines the comforting element of your much-coveted banana bread with the tasty features of carrot cake. The banana bread is sweetened mostly with bananas, yielding a lower-carb naturally sweet treat perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll love warming up a thick slice of this bread with some melted butter and a drizzle of almond butter and/or pure maple syrup. Each bite is super comforting, and the bread itself is very filling, making it ideal for tiding you over between meals.
The way I see it, is this carrot cake approach to banana bread can be your new overall approach to banana bread if you are so inclined. It’s a beautiful change-up from the ush and is an absolute crowd pleaser.
In addition, if you’re super into quickbread recipes, check out these other gems!
More Healthy Quick Bread Recipes:
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Banana Bread
- Paleo Maple Walnut Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with Chai Glaze
- Paleo Almond Fig Bread
- Grain-Free Almond Butter Banana Bread
- Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread
Get your loaf on!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 heaping cup shredded carrot, (1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the first 8 ingredients (bananas through sea salt) to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Fold the remaining four ingredients into the batter (shredded coconut through walnuts) until well-combined
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle with additional shredded coconut and walnuts if desired. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, until the center has set up and the edges are golden-brown. Turn off the oven and let bread sit in the still-hot oven for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 of 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 19gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 6g