Flourless Oatmeal Banana Bread made oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free AND refined sugar-free! This healthy banana bread recipe is fun and easy to make using quick oats.
A couple months ago, I posted The Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe , and you guys ate it up! In fact, it continues to be the third most visited recipe on my site.
One person who made that recipe commented that she used oat flour and it worked for her marvelously.
So that got me thinking.
I have a stockpile of oats, but I don’t typically carry oat flour on hand (can you relate?)… so why not try out the recipe by turning oats into oat flour?
So I rifted off the original recipe and made a few tweaks:
- I replaced the 1 ⅔ cups of gluten-free flour blend with 2 cups of quick oats, turned into oat flour using my blender
- I used MORE banana (a whopping 2 cups of mashed banana instead of the original 1.5 cups, which is about 4 decent-sized ripe bananas).
- Because I was adding more banana, I decided to omit the butter and see what happened. Spoiler alert: it worked like a charm!
If you’ve never made oat flour using quick oats, it’s crazy easy. You simply toss the oats in a blender and blend them on a low / low-medium speed until a substance resembling flour forms. This only takes 10 to 30 seconds!
Plus, it’s totally okay if the blended oats don’t form a super fine flour…I leave mine semi-gritty and it still turns out marvelously!
To bring this thing full circle, this flourless oatmeal banana bread is…
- Naturally gluten-free
- Oil-free and butter-free
- Moist, flavorful, perfectly sweet and cinnamony
- Refined sugar-free
Let’s bake it up!
How to Make Flourless Oatmeal Banana Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
Place the oats in a blender and blend on medium speed until a flour forms (this only takes about 20 to 30 seconds. Remember, it is fine if the flour is somewhat gritty).
Transfer the oat flour to a mixing bowl. Add the coconut sugar, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon and stir together until combined.
Mash the bananas in a separate mixing bowl then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Stir the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Add in the lime juice and stir to incorporate.
Transfer the batter to the parchment-lined loaf pan and smooth into an even layer. If desired, sprinkle some whole quick oats on top for looksies.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until banana bread has risen substantially and the top appears firm.
Remove from the oven and allow bread to cool at least 30 minutes. Tug on the edges of the parchment paper to lift the loaf out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. Cut thick slices and enjoy!
- Add ½ cup to ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.
- Toss in ½ cup to ⅔ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Whip up a streussel topping for the top of the banana bread.
- If you’re looking for a grain-free banana bread recipe, check out my Paleo Banana Bread using almond flour or my Coconut Flour Banana Bread.
- Replace the coconut sugar with brown sugar.
More Healthy Banana Bread Recipes:
- Paleo Poppy Seed Almond Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Blender Oat Blueberry Banana Bread
Your oatmeal banana bread adventure starts MEOW!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Serving Size 1 of 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 44gFiber 5gSugar 19gProtein 7g