Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread made with almond flour and sweetened mostly with bananas. This healthy grain-free banana bread recipe is ultra fluffy and moist!
Just before leaving for my camping trip to Moab, UT for Memorial Day Weekend, I baked this loaf of Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread and brought it with me to share with my friends.
The consensus among the other eight campers was the bread was bangarang AF. My friends loved it and ate it right up!
Primarily sweetened with ripe bananas, this healthier banana bread recipe only calls for a touch of pure maple syrup. You can leave out the pure maple syrup or replace it with coconut nectar or a sugar-free sweetener if you’d prefer.
Made with almond flour, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and a tablespoon of instant coffee granules, this bread is super chocolaty, sultry, and rich.
You’d never guess it is grain-free! I can confirm this statement based on the fact that those who weren’t aware the bread was paleo before trying it were shocked to learn it was!
So let’s bake a loaf!
How to Make Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients for the banana bread except for the chocolate chips to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips – you can do as I do and reserve some of the chocolate chips for sprinkling on top of the batter if you’d like!
Transfer the batter to the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake 40 to 55 minutes, until the loaf feels firm when poked in the center.
Remove loaf from the oven and allow it to sit at least 30 minutes before releasing it from the loaf pan, slicing, and enjoying.
- Replace the almond flour with hazelnut flour.
- If you have a nut allergy, follow the base recipe for my Coconut Flour Banana Bread, adding the ½ cup of cocoa powder and ⅔ cup of chocolate chips to the recipe.
- Replace pure maple syrup with coconut nectar, xylitol, or erythritol.
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans.
More Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipes:
- The Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Banana Bread
I hope you love this loaf as much as my friends and I do!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Double Chocolate Banana Bread, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the banana bread batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 40 to 55 minutes, until loaf feels firm in the center when poked (mine usually takes 50 minutes).
- Remove bread from the oven and allow it to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 slices Serving Size: 1 of 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 14gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 23gNet Carbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 9g