Grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free Paleo Strawberry Crumble is a lovely dessert for sharing with your loved ones. Plus, it’s vegan and requires zero baking experience! A very simple recipe with huge flavor!
You’re looking at the strongest display of self-control I have ever exhibited.
As in, it took every ounce of will-power to not consume my blog post before I could complete the photography task.
You’re also looking at that time I ate dessert in the middle of the day.
I did save some of the crumble for my friends. And let me tell you, I experienced serious cognitive dissonance over that. Meaning I didn’t want to share. And yet, I knew I should. Because sharing is caring. And so I did.
Here’s the skinny on this baby beluga: This paleo strawberry crumble is gluten-free, grain-free, naturally sweetened, vegan, paleo, and on the healthier end of the dessert spectrum!
Ingredients for Paleo Strawberry Crumble:
The topping is made with almond flour, coconut oil, and a touch of pure maple syrup. The end result is a perfectly crispy topping that tastes nice and buttery, yet it’s butter-less! There is so little added sugar to this recipe, and yet you’d never even know it!
The strawberry filling mixture is a combination of fresh strawberries, tapioca flour, and pure maple syrup. The tapioca flour makes the filling extra thick, gooey and amazing!
How to Make Paleo Strawberry Crumble:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the strawberries, tapioca flour, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Transfer to an 8” x 8” baking pan.
Mix together the ingredients for the crumble topping in a mixing bowl. Evenly spread it over the strawberries and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the strawberries are juicy and bubbly and the topping is golden-brown.
Major recommendation: serve this paleo strawberry crumble with Boozy Roasted Cherry Dark Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream, Coconut Whipped Cream, or even Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.
- Replace the almond flour with hazelnut flour.
- Use raspberries, cherries, or blackberries instead of strawberries.
- Swap arrowroot flour for tapioca flour
More Paleo Cobbler/Crumble Recipes:
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag me at @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram so that I can re-share it!
- 4 cups fresh ripe strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Grain-Free Crumble Topping:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the strawberries, tapioca flour, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Transfer to an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Mix together the ingredients for the crumble topping in a mixing bowl. Evenly spread it over the strawberries and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the strawberries are juicy and bubbly and the topping is golden-brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving with ice cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 381Total Fat 25gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 36gFiber 6gSugar 23gProtein 7g