Mediterranean Sheet Pan Shrimp with cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini, feta cheese, and kalamata olives. This fresh and flavorful easy one pan meal is perfect for weeknight dinners and meal prep.
If you tried my Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken recipe, you’ll likely love this sheet pan Mediterranean shrimp recipe just as much!
It features fresh vegetables, powerfully flavorful olives and feta, rustic seasonings, delightful marinated shrimp, and everything is cooked to perfection in the oven.
When everything is combined, we’re getting a pop of freshness, lots of tangy flavors, some creaminess and all sorts of wild textures.
If you follow a Mediterranean diet, this simple recipe is the ultimate healthy dinner!
To ensure the shrimp doesn’t become overcooked, everything else gets baked for 8 to 12 minutes first, and then the shrimp is added as it takes very little time to cook.
This easy meal requires little prep time, hardly any cook time, and results in great flavor. All we need is a large baking sheet and some wholesome ingredients. Wins all around!
I love that this easy sheet pan meal is highly customizable using various vegetables, seasonings, and cheeses.
Let’s discuss the fresh ingredients in this healthy dinner recipe.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Sheet Pan Shrimp:
Shrimp: Fresh or frozen shrimp work great here! You can also use pre-cooked shrimp, which is what I often do for the sake of expediency.
You want your shrimp to be peeled and deveined. You can purchase raw shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined or you can simply peel and devein them yourself, which takes a few extra minutes.
Shrimp Marinade Ingredients: Avocado oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh garlic, sea salt. This combination of ingredients gives us a delicious lemon garlic shrimp.
Fresh Vegetables: Cherry tomatoes, red onion, and zucchini. You can mix it up using your favorite fresh veggies. Just choose wisely based on bake time, as heartier vegetables like roots and potatoes require more time.
Feta Cheese and Olives: Kalamata olives and feta cheese bring an enormous influx of briny, tangy flavor. They also provide delicious content, making this an ideal recipe for anyone who follows a low carb diet or keto diet.
Seasonings: Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. You can get creative here with your seasonings, using just about anything you love.
Recipe Adaptations or Customizations:
- Use your favorite vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, or asparagus.
- Swap out the Italian seasoning for dried parsley and dried oregano. Lemon pepper and onion powder is also great here.
- Omit the feta cheese, and/or serve the Mediterranean shrimp with grated parmesan cheese or your favorite cheese on top.
- Use any olives you enjoy. Green olives or black olives are great too!
- Swap out the olives with artichoke hearts or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in the shrimp marinade instead of fresh garlic if you’d like.
- Garnish the juicy shrimp with chopped fresh parsley once it’s out of the oven.
- Use extra virgin olive oil instead of avocado oil for this sheet pan shrimp dinner if you’d like.
- Purchase pre-cooked shrimp if you’re looking to save time. If you go this route, you can simply combine the shrimp with the marinade ingredients but you won’t need to marinate them since they are already cooked.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw them completely before cooling. To do so, transfer the shrimp from the freezer to the refrigerator and thaw overnight. You can also place frozen shrimp in a colander and run cool water over them for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until they are thawed.
- To save time, you can toss the raw shrimp in some avocado oil and seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt rather than marinating it.
Now that we’re familiar with the basic ingredients, let’s make this delicious shrimp sheet pan dinner recipe!
How to Make Mediterranean Sheet Pan Shrimp:
Transfer the raw shrimp and the marinade ingredients to a large zip lock bag, large bowl, or airtight container.
Toss everything together until the shrimp is coated with marinade. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to several hours.
When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Use a sharp knife to chop the zucchini, red onion and block feta cheese.
Transfer the chopped zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and kalamata olives to a large sheet pan. I recommend using a large rimmed baking sheet so that the edges keep any excess liquid contained.
Drizzle with avocado oil, Italian seasoning, sea salt, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Use your hands to toss everything together until everything is well coated with oil and seasonings. Arrange everything in a single layer.
Bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. This bake time is dependent upon how you like your vegetables. For al dente zucchini (zucchini that is still somewhat firm), bake for 8 minutes. For softer zucchini, bake for 12 minutes.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and place shrimp on the sheet pan, arranging them around the vegetables. Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp has turned pink and is cooked through.
If you like a crispy char on your meat and veggies, place the oven on the High broil setting and broil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp and veggies are golden brown.
Serve Mediterranean shrimp and vegetables with any additional side dishes, fresh lemon slices, and a glass of white wine such as sauvignon blanc.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How Long Does it Take To Bake Shrimp?:
At 400 degrees Fahrenheit, shrimp takes about 5-8 minutes to cook through on a large baking sheet in the oven.
That said, the exact bake time of shrimp depends on its temperature going into the oven. Ideally, you want your shrimp fully thawed and only slightly cold, if not room temperature.
Frozen shrimp requires more time and also leaches more liquid so bare that in mind if you’re cooking shrimp from frozen.
And that’s it! An easy complete meal that may just be your new favorite shrimp recipe!
Looking for more sheet pan meals? Also try my Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables and my Sheet Pan Salmon and Vegetables.
If you love shrimp recipes, also try these out!
More Healthy Shrimp Recipes:
- Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp
- Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
- Healthy Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Chili Lime Glazed Shrimp Skewers
Enjoy this easy one-pan meal!
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Shrimp:
- Transfer the raw shrimp and the marinade ingredients to a large zip lock bag, large bowl, or airtight container. Toss everything together until the shrimp is coated with marinade. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to several hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. This bake time is dependent upon how you like your vegetables. For al dente zucchini (zucchini that is still somewhat firm), bake for 8 minutes. For softer zucchini, bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve the Mediterranean shrimp and vegetables as is or with any additional side dishes like brown rice, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.