Quick and easy Tuscan Shrimp with sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and artichoke hearts in a dairy-free cream sauce makes for a lovely main entrée or side dish. Whip it up with your favorite side dishes or to go alongside steak for a surf and turf dinner.
On the prowl for a healthy shrimp recipe that combines everything that is right with the world in one skillet?
You’ve found it, because this quick and easy Tuscan Shrimp is all things creamy, zesty, tangy, hearty, and just packed with romantic vibes.
Big, bold flavors and fresh ingredients offset by a magnificently creamy dairy-free sauce.
What should we do with our Tuscan Shrimp?
Serve it over steamed brown rice or rice of choice, or over cauliflower rice for a low-carb option. You can also serve it up with roasted or sautéed vegetables, zucchini noodles, and/or potato salad.
I love the idea of making a surf n’ turf dinner with steak and serving this beauty on top for a creamy, flavorful sauce.
Ingredients for Creamy Tuscan Shrimp:
Shrimp, avocado oil, shallots, paprika, full-fat canned coconut milk, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, artichoke hearts, lemon zest, fresh parsley, black pepper and sea salt.
This brings us a creamy, tangy dish that makes us feel like we’re vacationing in Tuscany with a cool breeze and romance in the air.
A little fantasy goes a long way 😉
You can easily add spinach, fresh basil, kalamata olives, or cherry tomatoes to this dish for even more spunk.
How to Make Tuscan Shrimp:
Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium-high. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add everything but the shrimp and bring to a full but gentle boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is completely pink and cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Serve with your choice of side dishes, and enjoy!
Can you taste the coconut milk?
If you have a discerning palate, you may be able to detect the coconut milk, but there are so many large flavors coming from the shallot, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, and lemon zest that I don’t get a big coconut flavor.
If you don’t love coconut milk in any application, my Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet may be a better fit for ya!
More Healthy Shrimp Recipes:
- 30-Minute Kung Pao Shrimp
- Paleo Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- Keto Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
- Chili Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
- Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp
That’s it! Our ticket to a healthy shrimp main dish or dish dish to transform dinner into a memorable experience.
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo on Instagram and tag @The.Roasted.Root!
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped*
- 1 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt to taste
- 1.5 to 2 lbs raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium-high. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add everything but the shrimp and bring to a full but gentle boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is completely pink and cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with choice of side dishes, and enjoy!