Foil Packet Shrimp with lemon, garlic and butter is a quick and easy method for making shrimp. This recipe includes instructions on how to grill shrimp in foil packets as well as baking instructions.
Seriously, though, have you ever met a shrimp you didn’t like?
Just take a stroll through my shrimp archives to see what type of relationship we have with the shellfish round these parts.
I recently began grilling and baking shrimp in foil packets. It’s just too easy not to! This basic recipe for Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp is so quick, easy, and fun to make, and is quite the little crowd pleaser.
If you enjoy entertaining guests, you can whip these shrimp up lickety split and use them as an appetizer, or include them in any main entree or side dish of your choosing.
You can prepare shrimp in foil by either grilling or baking it. I have included instructions for both methods in this post.
The best part about this recipe, is it only requires a handful of basic ingredients, likely most of which you already have right in your home.
Shrimp, butter, garlic, dried or fresh parsley, a squirt of lemon juice, and possibly some red pepper flakes if that’s your jam…is all you need for this recipe. Along with one sheet of foil.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Shrimp on the Grill:
Preheat your grill to high heat.
Peel and de-vein your raw shrimp if they aren’t already. Place the shrimp in the center of a long sheet of foil. Add the butter, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, dried parsley, and red pepper flakes (if you’re okay with some heat).
Fold the foil into a packet and place on the preheated grill. Replace the cover and grill until shrimp are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
How to Bake Shrimp in Foil Packets:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay a long sheet of foil on a baking sheet, and place all ingredients in the center of the foil packet.
Fold the foil into a packet and leave on the baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Serve the shrimp as is for an appetizer, or serve with crostini and goat cheese. You can use the shrimp in quesadillas, on pizza, in pasta, burritos, tacos, you name it! You can also serve them with your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy these lumps of buttery garlicky lovin’!
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet
- Indian Shrimp Biryani
- Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
- Dairy-Free Paleo Shrimp Chowder
- Shrimp Taco Salad
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Peel and de-vein your raw shrimp if they aren’t already. Place the shrimp in the center of a long sheet of foil. Add the butter, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, dried parsley, and red pepper flakes (if you’re okay with some heat).
- Fold the foil into a packet and place on the preheated grill. Replace the cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes. Flip the foil packet and continue grilling until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet or cutting board. When cool enough to handle, open the foil packet and give everything a big stir. Serve shrimp with choice of side dishes or cocktail sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 15g