Fluffy, ultra enticing gluten-free Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes with warm cinnamon and maple flavors. This easy pancake recipe comes together in your blender and is great for holiday breakfasts.
If you’re like me and your love for sweet potato everything runs DEEP, well…
These gluten-free and vegan sweet potato pancakes are the ultimate celebration of the magical sweet potato.
Moist, fluffy, warmly-spiced with cinnamon and dolled up with maple…you couldn’t ask for a more comforting breakfast!
Plus, they are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan but you’d never in a million years guess it.
These Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes are essentially the exact same thing as the Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes I posted a few weeks back.
Every time I make these or the pumpkin version, I think to myself everyone needs them in their lives. 😉
You can make this recipe using mashed butternut squash, acorn squash, kabocha squash…basically anything that’s wintery and full of carbs can go into these pancakes.
This is ideal for those times you have prepared a big winter squash for dinner and happen to have leftovers.
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes:
Really, there isn’t anything magical or clever about making these pancakes.
We just toss everything in the blender, blend, then flapjack it up.
Remember these vegan sweet potato pancakes do require more time to cook than regular pancakes.
The fact that they don’t contain eggs means the moisture (in this case: coconut milk) needs additional time to burn off so to speak so that the center is cooked through.
You can top these beauties however you’d like!
I went with store-bought coconut milk yogurt, almond butter, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, and pure maple syrup.
If you’re looking for more sweet breakfast ideas to share with family this holiday season, check out my:
More Comforting Breakfast Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Sausage and Kale Breakfast Casserole
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Waffles with Caramelized Pears
- Grain-Free Almond Strawberry Breakfast Cake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with Chai Caramel Glaze
Stay tuned – I’ll be posting a savory breakfast recipe tomorrow!
Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Add all ingredients for the pancakes to a blender and blend until combined (note: if you don't have a blender, you can also use a hand mixer, or whisk by hand). The batter will be thick - this is normal!
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Measure a scant 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto the hot skillet. Note that the pancake batter won't spread the way regular pancake batter does, so you can use your finger or a spoon to shape it into a disc. Cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, until golden-brown and cooked through in the center. Continue cooking and flipping until the pancakes are fully cooked.
- Repeat for remaining batter. Note: pancakes will be easiest to flip when they are kept small.
- Top pancakes with choice of topping, such as coconut milk yogurt, almond butter, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, and pure maple syrup.