Cobb Salad with homemade green goddess dressing. An easy, filling, and nutritious meal that can be made any night of the week.
I assume we’ve all enjoyed the famous Cobb Salad at a restaurant, but have you made it at home?
What is Cobb Salad?:
In case you’re unfamiliar with it, Cobb Salad includes cooked chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cheese (often cheddar or blue cheese), and a variety of vegetables served on a bed of greens.
I love adding avocado and feta cheese, because I find both provide that creaminess and tanginess that I find so enticing in salads.
You can add goodies like chopped or grated carrot, cucumber, sprouts, and more if you’d like!
Traditional Cobb Salad is served with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, but I got a wild hair and whipped it up with my Mayo-Free Green Goddess Dressing.
The end result is a filling, fresh salad with a remarkably creamy healthier herb-infused dressing to tie it all together into one blissful meal.
Between the avocado, feta (or blue cheese if you can dig), hard-boiled egg, chicken, and the bacon, there is a bounty of flavor and texture…and protein…this is a meat lover’s salad, fit for a even the most masculine man. Just tell him there’s bacon.
If you want to save yourself some time, you can do what I do when I’m getting my laze on and buy a rotisserie chicken from the store instead of cooking a chicken breast.
Don’t tell the food blog authorities I encourage this.
While Cobb salad isn’t a new culinary adventure for most people, a straight-forward and familiar meal can be just the ticket to a pleasant evening in.
Plus: Green Goddess Dressing. We’ve got to put it everywhere!
This easy Cobb Salad Recipe is how we justify combining bacon and greens.
If you love big filling salad recipes, also try my California Cobb Salad with Chipotle Avocado Ranch Dressing and My Current Favorite Salad Recipe.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped into cubes*
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 ounces spring green mix
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, or blue cheese
- Mayo-Free Green Goddess Dressing
- Prepare the Green Goddess dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the chicken using your preferred method. To do so quickly, bring a few cups of water to a boil. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water and place on a cutting board. Chop or shred the chicken and add salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Place all ingredients for the salad (including the chicken) in a large serving bowl and toss in desired amount of green goddess dressing.
- Serve as an entrée, and enjoy!
You can use rotisserie chicken or deli meat to save some time.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 566Total Fat 37gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 42g