Thai Chicken Chopped Salad with crunchy cabbage, carrot, toasted cashews, and a delicious creamy sesame ginger peanut dressing. This vibrant, filling salad recipe is that feel-good meal that leaves you energized and happy.
The crunch, the burst of sweet, tangy, creamy flavors, the cooling effect to beat the summer heat, the satisfaction of enjoying a delicious meal loaded with nutrients that feels like you’re doing something devilishly wrong when you’re only doing everything right.
That is this Thai Chicken Chopped Salad in a peanut shell.
Loaded with all that is right with the world, this major crunch salad is perfect for any lunch or dinner, has a fancy sort of vibe to it in spite of being so simple and easy to toss together, and will without a doubt brighten your day.
An incredible placement for leftover chicken and a phenomenal caravan for peanut butter, this Thai Chicken Chopped Salad is easy to adapt based on what you have in the refrigerator.
It comes with a peanut dressing, which is beyond exquisite, so if your eyeballs just perked up at the thought of adding peanut butter to a salad, this one was created on your behalf. 😉
Have you ever had peanut dressing or peanut sauce? Both are marvelous elixirs from heaven and I could just bathe my mouth in either/or.
While I love a traditional peanut dressing made with peanut butter, I also adore an almond butter version. Many folks find almonds to be less inflammatory than peanuts (even if they don’t have a peanut allergy), so if you’ve noticed a difference, feel free to stick with almond butter instead of peanut butter.
Before I get ahead of myself, let’s talk about the ingredients.
Ingredients for Thai Chicken Chopped Salad:
For the Salad: Chicken, cabbage (I use both green and red), spring greens (or spinach), grated carrot, mango, toasted cashews, and green onion.
Use any cooked chicken you’d like! Basically, this salad is a marvelous placement for leftover chicken. Grilled or smoked chicken gives it that added char flavor, but you can go with baked chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken, or anything you fancy. Breasts, thighs, whatever you like!
For the Dressing: Creamy almond butter or peanut butter, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, pure maple syrup, garlic, ginger, sriracha (or red chili paste of choice), sesame oil, and avocado oil. This salad dressing is all-things creamy, sweet and tangy with just the right amount of kick to remind you you’re eating something with flair.
Both the salad and the dressing have plenty of options for changeups, so be sure to evaluate based on what you have on hand and your nutritional needs.
- Use almond butter instead of peanut butter in the dressing.
- Add your favorite veggies to the salad. Celery, bell pepper, chilies, and/or tomato work well.
- Swap the chicken for steak or salmon.
- Use cane sugar instead of pure maple syrup in the dressing.
- Use your favorite greens for the salad. You can go with all green cabbage and/or swap for power greens, spinach, kale, etc.
If you meal prep your work lunches, make the dressing ahead of time and store it in a jar in the refrigerator. Chop everything for the salad and seal it up in your meal prep bowl to take it with you to work.
More Delicious Summer Salads:
- Baked Salmon Power Bowls with Blueberry Salsa
- Shredded Beef Taco Salad
- A Really Great Summer Salad
- Crispy Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Lemon Herb Tahini Dressing
- California Cobb Salad with Chipotle Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 3-Ingredient Mayo-Free Avocado Tuna Salad
Get your crunch on!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo on Instagram and tag @The.Roasted.Root!
Thai Chicken Chopped Salad
Thai Chopped Salad:
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 3 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced**
- 2 cups spring greens or spinach chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 large mango peeled and diced
- ½ cup raw cashews toasted
- 5 green onions chopped
Sesame Ginger Almond Butter Dressing:
- ½ cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil***
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil***
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp sriracha or more to taste
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 2 to 4 Tbsp water for thinner consistency if necessary
- Add the ingredients for the peanut dressing to a small blender and blend until completely combined. Transfer to a sealable jar and refrigerate until ready to use. If needed, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water to the dressing for thinner consistency.
- Add all of the ingredients for the salad to a large bowl and drizzle in desired amount of peanut dressing. Toss until everything is well-coated in dressing. Taste the salad for flavor and add sea salt and/or lemon juice or rice vinegar to taste (or more peanut dressing).
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.