Bacon and Asparagus Frittata is a quick, easy, nutritious breakfast recipe, perfect for sharing with friends and family. Whip it up for a healthy brunch!
I’ve got five words for you: Four-Ingredient Frittata. Okay, that was three words.
Easter’s just around the river bend, folks! What’s on your menu?
Normally, when my family gets together for Easter, we whip up the whole brunching spread, including some sort of bacon and egg dish, a funky fresh fruit salad, some crazy Jello thing you don’t want to hear about, and something pastry-licious like cinnamon rolls.
Looking for a fresh idea, I searched Cooking Light‘s website for a frittata recipe. I found their Ham and Asparagus Frittata and knew it was an instant fit. Since I already had bacon on hand, I used it in place of the ham and made some other adjustments.
This year, I’ll be skiing with my buds in Breckenridge, CO, so my guess is I’ll be eating a mountain of nachos and
taking shotskis sipping on a brewski for Easter brunch. But for those of you who are assembling a proper gathering, here’s a great egg option for your feast:
This super simple frittata is pretty fantastic.
The bacon fat is what makes the whole skillet happen if we’re being honest. Seriously, have you tried a bacon-ttata? The drippings lube up the skillet like whoaaaa there, horsey, making serving the thing cinch.
Plus, it keeps the eggs super flavorful, moist, and tender. Tender eggs are good eggs.
More Brunch Recipes:
- Caramelized Onion Frittata from Cooking Light
- Vegan Raspberry Scones (gluten-free and refined sugar-free)
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Scones (refined sugar-free)
- Butternut Squash Hash with Sausage, Apples and Kale
- Hazelnut Pancakes with Chocolate Coconut Cream (gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Grain-Free Parsnip Carrot Cake (paleo)
- Sweet Potato, Parsnip, and Broccoli Frittata (vegetarian)
- For more brunch ideas, you can check out the recipe roundup I posted last year of Gluten Free Brunch Recipes for Easter.
Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
- 10 eggs beaten
- 4 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and chopped into 2-inch pieces (about 2.5 to 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 sea salt
- Avocado and red onion for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add the chopped bacon to a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or oven-safe skillet) and cook bacon over medium heat until it begins to crisp up, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and asparagus and saute until asparagus begins to turn bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the cast iron skillet, and place skillet on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Allow frittata to sit 10 minutes before cutting large slices and serving with avocado and red onion.