Zucchini and yellow squash soup with bell pepper, cannellini beans, and more! A healthy vegan soup recipe packed with flavor! This easy soup recipe comes together in 30 minutes or less.
One of my favorite parts about making vegetable soup is how very versatile it is. Virtually anything you have on hand can be tossed in!
Fresh produce, beans, grains…even pasta of all kinds can be added! Leftover chicken? No problem..in it goes!
When the weather is chilly or I simply feel like a big comforting bowl of soup, I toss together this squash soup recipe. It’s just so satisfying!
For this edition of veggie bliss, I made a squash-centric soup using zucchini and yellow squash and added bell pepper, onion, cannellini beans, dried herbs, and diced tomatoes. The end result is a flavorful, filling meal that leaves you feeling energized and satisfied.
- Incorporate your favorite vegetables – cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and celery are great!
- Replace cannellini beans with black beans, kidney beans, or garbanzo beans.
- Add protein – bacon, chicken, and shrimp are marvelous!
- Omit the diced tomatoes if you don’t have any on hand.
More Healthy Soup Recipes:
- Vegan Broccoli “Cheddar” Soup
- Immunity Boosting Turmeric Soup with Vegetables
- Vegan Butternut Squash Bisque
- Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- Add avocado oil and onion to a large pot and heat over medium. Sauté, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the chopped red bell pepper and continue to sauté until the pepper is fragrant and the onion begins turning brown, another 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini, yellow squash, rosemary, parsley and paprika. Sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, and broth. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook until zucchini is soft but not falling apart, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste soup and add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve with rustic, delicious bread.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 29gNet Carbohydrates 21gFiber 8gSugar 6gProtein 9g