Creamy vegan sweet potato and quinoa stew with cannelini beans. This delicious, comforting soup is packed with nutrients and super easy to make!
I made Andrea’s Sweet Potato Quinoa Stew with White Beans and Spinach on a frigid winter’s eve when all I wanted was to warm my hands and belly by enjoying a steamy bowl of soup. It hit the sweet spot like no soup has done for a long, long time! It’s so simple, yet so full of flavor, and so very cozy! I made a couple tiny changes to the recipe (due to availability of ingredients in my house). I will be making this soup time and again.
This vegan soup is creamy and dreamy with coconut milk, packed with nutrients on account of the veggies and quinoa, comes together quickly, and requires very little effort to make. Definitely the perfect soup to keep you feeling full and satisfied on any cold day or evening! Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, sweet potato, quinoa, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and spinach and allow soup to cook an additional 5 minutes to allow spinach to wilt. If soup is too thick add a bit more stock or water. Season to taste with plenty of salt and pepper.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 g
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g