Immunity-boosting turmeric vegetable soup with broccoli, zucchini, carrots, rice, coconut milk, and more! A nourishing, light yet satisfying healthy soup recipe worthy of putting on repeat.
If you’re looking to give your immune system a boost during cold and flu season, I have JUST the nourishing immunity-boosting soup for you! It’s packed with vegetables, and includes turmeric for a multi-vitamin antioxidant infusion. Plus, it has the most delightful flavor!
Turmeric and ginger contain powerful antioxidants and are natural anti-inflammatories. Between the turmeric, ginger, lime juice and vegetables, you’re getting a vitamin and antioxidant infusion, giving your natural immunity a kick.
In addition, rice is a great source for resistant starch, which is crucial for efficient digestion. Because rice is neutral (not acidic), adding it to soups help comfort the belly. In essence, this soup is great for both preventing and curing sickness during cold and flu season.
Bottomless bowls of vegetable soup are my jam on chilly days and evenings, and this particular soup really hits the spot! It checks all the boxes…its super quick and easy to make, ultra nutritious, helps keep your immune system alert and strong, and tastes marvelous! Let’s make a big pot of it, shall we?
- Creamy, light, yet filling
How to Make Immunity-Boosting Turmeric Vegetable Soup:
You’re gonna get a kick out of this…you basically just add everything to a pot, cover it, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables have reached desired doneness.
For more flavorful broth, add the vegetable broth, turmeric, and ginger to the pot and bring it to a boil. Cook at a gentle boil for 10 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients and cooking an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you tolerate onions and garlic, add ½ a chopped yellow onion and 3 to 4 cloves garlic.
- Add any of your favorite veggies, such as cauliflower, sweet potato, bok choy, celery, etc.
- Omit the rice to make grain-free, or replace with quinoa
- If you aren’t vegan or vegetarian, use chicken bone broth instead of vegetable broth.
- For added protein, add 1 chopped chicken breast, or black beans or garbanzo beans.
You May Also Love:
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Rosemary Chicken Soup with Rice
- Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Pecan Butternut Squash Soup
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
Immunity-Boosting Turmeric Soup with Vegetables
A nourishing vegan soup recipe with turmeric, coconut milk, rice and vegetables
- 4 cups vegetable broth *
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large crown broccoli chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium zucchini squash
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 (2-inch) nub ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric **
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Add all of the ingredients to a pot, cover it, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables have reached desired done-ness.
Note: For more flavorful broth, add the vegetable broth, turmeric, and ginger to the pot and bring it to a boil. Cook at a gentle boil for 10 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients and cooking an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
*Or chicken bone broth if you aren't vegan
**Or a 1-inch nub of fresh turmeric, grated