Vegan Strawberry Cobbler made gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free for a healthier dessert recipe. This fresh, easy cobbler recipe comes together in a pinch and only requires 6 ingredients!
Looking for a flavorful crowd-pleasing dessert to share with your people during berry season??
While this gluten-free strawberry cobbler recipe is dairy-free, it tastes utterly buttery with the most amazing crispy biscuit topping. Perfectly sweet, tangy, berry-centric bliss, this recipe is CRAZY easy to prepare.
My favorite part about this dessert is the cobbler (biscuit) topping is no-fuss.
There’s no need to knead, cut in butter, or have any sort of baking experience, as you simply stir the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
…And the same for the strawberry filling!
Let’s do a deep dive!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cobbler:
Gluten-Free Flour Blend: In order to keep this cobbler gluten-free, use your favorite gluten-free flour blend. The blend you use needs to be a 1:1 replacement for regular all-purpose flour. Don’t use a grain-free flour, as the recipe will need to be different to accommodate a grain-free flour.
Coconut Oil: Gives buttery flavor to the cobbler topping while keeping it dairy-free! Coconut oil has magnificent flavor and creates a lovely topping for crisps, crumbles, and cobblers.
Pure Maple Syrup: Used for sweetening both the cobbler topping and the strawberry filling, pure maple syrup is a great ingredient for keeping treats refined sugar-free.
Fresh Strawberries: The star of the show! Fresh, vibrant ripe strawberries are what make this whole dessert sing.
Vanilla Extract: Optional, but recommended for the topping. It adds a nice warmth to the cobbler biscuits for delicious buttery flavor.
Sea Salt: Use it both in the filling and in the cobbler topping! Sea salt brings out an amazing amount of flavor in baked goods and helps them taste even sweeter without having to add more sweetener!
Baking Soda: Makes the topping nice and crispy.
What Type of Flour Should I Use?:
I use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour. If you use a different gluten-free flour blend, note that the cobbler topping may turn out differently. You want the topping to form a thick, greasy dough.
You’ll also use a couple tablespoons of gluten-free flour for the strawberry filling in order to make it nice and thick and give it that gooey goodness! Don’t skip it in the filling, as the flour is what makes this cobbler pie-like.
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Cobbler:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all ingredients for the cobbler topping to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. A thick, greasy dough should form. The greasiness is normal!
Toss together the ingredients for the strawberry filling in a mixing bowl until well-combined.
Transfer the strawberry filling mixture to an oven-safe dish (I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet. You can also use an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” baking pan).
Top the strawberry filling using the cobbler dough. You can form biscuit shapes if you’d like, or simply spread the topping all over.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until the topping is golden-brown and crispy.
Serve with your choice of dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
- Turn this into a mixed berry cobbler using 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, and 1 cup raspberries.
- Add rolled oats to the topping. To do so, use 3/4 cup of gluten-free flour and 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- If you’re looking for a grain-free version of this recipe, follow my Paleo Strawberry Crumble
More Healthy Strawberry Dessert Recipes:
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake
- Paleo Strawberry Coffee Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Grain-Free Strawberry Almond Breakfast Cake
- Vegan No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Cobbler for breakfast!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Vegan Strawberry Cobbler
Gluten-free vegan strawberry cobbler made dairy-free and refined sugar-free
Gluten-Free Cobbler Topping:
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients for the topping to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. A thick, greasy dough should form. The greasiness is normal!
- Toss the ingredients for the strawberry filling in a mixing bowl and stir until well-combined (make sure the flour has dissolved).
- Transfer the strawberry filling mixture to an oven-safe dish (I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet. You can also use an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” baking pan).
- Top the strawberry filling using the cobbler dough. You can form biscuit shapes if you’d like, or simply spread the topping all over.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until the topping is golden-brown and crispy.
- Serve fresh out of the oven with your choice of dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 51gSugar 25gProtein 1g
Saturday 27th of August 2022
Can I use butter instead of coconut oil?
Monday 29th of August 2022
Absolutely! The cobbler will be delicious with butter :)
Thursday 23rd of June 2022
Hi! I made this recipe and my whole family loved it! I have so many allergies and it’s hard to find joy in food. This made me very happy. I was wondering if this reheats in the oven well? I’d like to make one to take to a party! Any suggestions on how to successfully serve it after already making it? I’m wondering if the crust will get too soggy by the time I need it ready.
Monday 23rd of May 2022
Could you replace the maple syrup with raw organic honey?
Wednesday 25th of May 2022
Absolutely! The one caveat is that honey burns at a lower temperature than pure maple syrup, so I'd keep a close eye on the biscuits to be sure they aren't getting too brown :) Hope you enjoy!
Monday 14th of February 2022
This was so good and simple. Great recipe for my son with food allergies.Thank you!
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
I'm so thrilled you enjoy it, Val!! xoxoxo
Thursday 27th of May 2021
Made this tonight and it was SO good! My husband and I have already eaten half of it!
Friday 28th of May 2021
Yaaaas! So happy to hear it, Jerra! I have a difficult time stopping at one serving too! xoxoxo