Eggs and bacon never tasted so good on top of these Southwestern-style avocado toasts. Black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, and guacamole make for a flavor-packed breakfast.
Breakfast. It can really make or break a day. On sub-par breakfast days, I’m just a confused lost soul, whereas on the days that begin with a wholesome well-rounded meal, I feel turbo-charged. Ain’t no one gonna break my stride…nobody’s gonna slow me down, whoa no…
Veggies are an essential part of my every meal, and I make a point of packing them into my first meal of the day. Which brings me to my next point:
Avocado toast….MAJOR THING!
Big deal alert.
ALL CAPS AWESOME.
When life gives you avocados, make TOAST!
^Just add eggs and bacon.
Admittedly, I’ve posted a total of zero recipes for avocado toast heretofore, but what this blog lacks in avocado toast quantity, it makes up for in avocado toast quality. Starting….NOW.
I mean, just think about it. Drippy egg, crispy bacon, creamy avocado? Life’s jam. Perhaps a sprinkling of black beans + corn + chilis for al fesca flair? Ohhhh momma, th’aint nothing better.
For the “avocado” portion of this toast, I used Sabra’s Veggie Fusion Guacamole – the Southwestern flavor to be exact. In case you aren’t familiar, the hummus sensais of the universe over at Sabra make the most marvelous guacamole as well. Each flavor is made with Hass avocados and is loaded with fresh vegetables – 7 types of veggies per guac pack to be exact. Plus, Sabra’s guac contains 30% less fat than regular homemade guacamole. You know what that means…load up your toast with 30% more than the ush for good measure.
Veggie Fusions come in South Western (used here in this recipe), Mango Lime, and Garden Vegetable. I enjoy each flavor with equal vigor, and highly recommend you make them a part of your avocodo toast routine for ease of preparation, nutrient purposes, and flavor factor. Learn more + get a $1 off coupon at Sabra.com/VeggieFusions.
You can change these toasts up to your liking. Some suggestions:
- Use any variety of Sabra’s Veggie Fusions Guacamole.
- Make scrambled eggs instead of sunny side up.
- Add veggies like sweet potato and spinach to said scramble.
- Make a breakfast sammie out of it (rather than an open-facer), and take it to go!
- Change up the beans to your liking.
- Add salsa and refried beans for a huebos rancheros take on these breakfast toasts.
When in doubt, just add guac.
- 4 peices multi-grain bread, toasted*
- 1 ounce container Sabra Southwestern Guacamole, 7-
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small heirloom tomato, diced
- 4 pieces thick cut bacon, cooked
- 4 eggs, sunny side up or fried
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the guacamole on 4 pieces of toasted bread. Top with black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, cooked bacon, and sunny side up egg. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
This post is sponsored by Sabra. All opinions are 200% my own.