Healthy grain-free paleo double chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup. These easy-to-prepare treats are the perfect healthy snack or dessert to keep in your household at all times.
You’re looking at a regular staple in my house.
Whenever I’m on the verge of (insert gasp) running out of cookies, I get a little anxious until I have the opportunity to make a new batch.
I know…it’s the firstest first world problem that ever did exist, but I find these paleo double chocolate chip cookies to be an extremely necessary part of my diet.
The honest truth in the blogging world is most of the recipes we post, we only make once, twice, three times…just enough to recipe test and get up on the ol’ site.
For me, the reason I don’t make all the recipes over and over again is obvious: I’m constantly making new ones and can hardly keep up with the amount of food!
There are, however, a few I do make over and over again for my own pleasure, and as I’ve already spoiler alerted you, this recipe is one of them! (Hint: the Crowd-Pleasing Roasted Vegetables, The Only Grilled Salmon Recipe You’ll Ever Need, Paleo Banana Bread, and the Almond Flour Pancakes are some of the others I make all the time).
To me, these paleo double chocolate chip cookies serve as healthy snacks.
They’re like little protein fat bombs (the idea is similar to the Keto Fat Balls I posted a few weeks back), and in addition to an after-dinner treat, I also eat them mid-day to tide me over between meals.
Made very similar to my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts, this recipe calls for almond flour, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup.
We add raw cacao powder and dark chocolate chips to give the cookies that ultra chocolatey essence.
Because if there’s anything better than a chocolate chip cookie, in my humble opinion, it’s a chocolate chip cookie that doubles or triples up on chocolate… and is made with coconut oil!
I hope you love these rich Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as I do!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a saucepan, stir together the coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and cocoa powder over medium-low heat just until everything is well-combined and smooth. Immediately remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Stir together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Pour in the coconut oil/cocoa powder mixture along with the vanilla extract and stir well until a dough is formed. Add the whisked egg and mix until well-combined. Fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Form cookie-shaped disks and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.