Moist, fluffy, ultra chocolaty paleo double chocolate banana bread muffins. These delightful treats are easy to make in your blender, are oil-free, grain-free, dairy-free and made with whole food ingredients for a guiltless pleasure.
Calling all chocoholics and banana bread lovers!: These muffins may just be your new favorite treat!
A mash up of sultry chocolate cake and banana bread, these double chocolate delights contain a little something for everyone. It’s also a riff off my classic Paleo Banana Bread recipe.
These healthy muffs are mouth-watering enough to be considered dessert, but nutritious enough to be considered snack. Post-workout refuel? Get it!
Made with almond flour, cacao powder, and ripe bananas, these muffins are squeaky clean. They are gluten-free (and grain-free), oil-free, and dairy-free.
Making these double chocolate banana bread muffins is as easy as can be.
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins:
All we do to prepare the muffin batter is blend everything except for the chocolate chips in a blender. Once blended, we fold in the chocolate chips, transfer the batter to a muffin tray and bake!
Change it up by added chopped nuts and get wild with your chocolate selection.
Can I Make This Recipe Using Coconut Flour?:
Yes, but no. You can absolutely make chocolate banana bread muffins using coconut flour, but the whole recipe will be different. If you want to make them using coconut flour, follow my recipe for Coconut Flour Banana Bread, but add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Follow the ingredients on that recipe, but prepare it in a muffin tray and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Batches on batches on batches aaaaand GO!
More Healthy Muffin Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Avocado Chocolate Muffins (Paleo)
- Coconut Flour Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Paleo Butternut Squash Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Vegan Banana Muffins
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out, and thank you for your support!
For a sultry little treat…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender and blend until smooth (note: you can prepare the muffin batter in a mixing bowl if you'd prefer!). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the lined muffin pan, filling the holes 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffins are puffy and cooked through. Allow muffins to cool at least 40 minutes before peeling the papers off and eating.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 of 9
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 16gSugar 7gProtein 9g