Paleo butternut squash muffins made with almond flour and coconut sugar are a fluffy, delicious breakfast or treat!
While pumpkin tends to get the limelight during the fall, I often make baked goods with other winter squash varietals as well. Take for instance my Butternut Squash Pancakes and Kabocha Squash Spice Cake.
You can generally use any winter squash in a recipe that calls for pumpkin (or butternut squash, acorn squash, etc.), giving you the versatility to pick your passion!
For this exhibit of fall-inspired adventure, we’re baking up a batch of grain-free paleo-friendly butternut squash muffins.
These butternut squash muffins are:
- Grain-free and gluten-free
- Refined sugar-free
- Light and fluffy
- Perfectly sweet
What I love about these muffins (aside from the fact that they make your mouth feel like a million bucks) is they are a great way of using up leftover roasted butternut squash (or any leftover roasted winter squash).
I made these muffins for my household everyone has been enjoying them with their morning coffee or tea. There’s something so cathartic about enjoying your favorite hot beverage with a delicious warmly-spiced muffin treat that happens to be healthy!
Let’s bake a batch!
How to Make Paleo Butternut Squash Muffins:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with 9 papers.
Add all ingredients (except the optional chopped walnuts) to a blender and blend until combined.
Fill the muffin papers ¾ of the way full with muffin batter. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops have set up and turn golden-brown.
Allow muffins to cool at least 30 minutes before peeling off the muffin papers.
- Replace the butternut squash with roasted pumpkin, acorn squash, or kabchoa squash.
- Use almond flour instead of hazelnut flour
- If you’d like, you can prepare the recipe in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer rather than a blender.
- Omit the walnuts or replace with pecans.
- Add in some pumpkin pie spice for more fall flavor!
More Healthy Muffin Recipes:
- Coconut Flour Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins
- Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
- Coconut Flour Zucchini Muffins
Muffs on repeat!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make these Paleo Butternut Squash Muffins, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with 9 papers.
- Add all ingredients (except the optional chopped walnuts) to a blender and blend until combined.
- Fill the muffin papers ¾ of the way full with muffin batter. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops have set up and turn golden-brown.
- Allow muffins to cool at least 30 minutes before peeling off the muffin papers.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 of 9
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 13gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 8g