Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins sweetened with coconut sugar are a flavorful healthy breakfast or snack! Moist, fluffy, perfectly sweet, these muffins are better for you than regular muffins and come together quickly!
Have you checked out The Best Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe yet? If you have, you’re already familiar with these gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini muffins, as they are a riff off of the ol’ loaf.
These zucchini muffins are studded with both chocolate chips and walnuts for that ultra fluffy, moist, cinnamony, chocolatey treat with a little texture and spunk. They come together quickly, are perfect for sharing, and make for a lovely breakfast or snack.
If you have made zucchini bread or zucchini muffins in the past, you may already know that many recipes call for draining the zucchini of water before adding it to a recipe. While this may not seem like a big deal to some of you, I find it to be an ultra inconvenience, because I like hitting things hard and fast, you feel?
SO when it comes to zucchini baked goods, I always factor the zucchini moisture into the equation. I compensate for it, if you will. Don’t fight it, join it, is my motto when it comes to zucchini splooge.
The point is, there is no draining of the zucchini necessary, and this recipe comes together very quickly and requires just one bowl. You basically add the ingredients into the bowl in stages, just adding to the ease of preparation profile here. In fact, it’s so easy, it is a great baking project for children. AND it’s even easier to clean up!
Let’s fun fact it out. These easy healthy gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini muffins are…
- Refined sugar-free
- Perfectly sweet
- Light on oil
- Big on cinnamon flavor
- Studded with raw walnuts and chocolate chips
But don’t freak out about the walnuts or chocolate chips. If you don’t dig, simply leave them out!
How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or oil a muffin tray, or insert muffin papers.
Grate the zucchini using a box grater.
Whisk together the eggs in a mixing bowl then stir in the grated zucchini. Stir in the coconut sugar until combined.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir well until combined.
Transfer the zucchini muffin batter to the muffin tray, filling the holes ⅔ of the way full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until muffins have risen substantially, are golden-brown, and feel firm when gently poked.
Allow muffins to cool at least 30 minutes before releasing them from the muffin tray.
Pro Tip: If you aren’t using muffin papers, I find running a butter knife or pairing knife between the muffin and the muffin tray helps release it from the mold.
- If you’re looking for a grain-free zucchini muffin, check out one of these recipes: Coconut Flour Zucchini Muffins, Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins or Almond Flour Gluten-Free Zucchini Muffins.
- Add more chocolate chips, or omit them altogether.
- Swap pecans for the walnuts.
- Have extra nuts and seeds on hand in your pantry? Toss them in! Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are great!
- If using King Arthur flour, use ¼ cup avocado oil or coconut oil instead of 3 tablespoons.
Zucchini treats on repeat!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or oil a muffin tray, or line with muffin papers.
- Grate the zucchini using a box grater.
- Whisk together the eggs in a mixing bowl then stir in the grated zucchini. Stir in the coconut sugar until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir well until combined.
- Transfer the zucchini muffin batter to the muffin tray, filling the holes ⅔ of the way full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until muffins have risen substantially, are golden-brown, and feel firm when gently poked.
- Allow muffins to cool at least 30 minutes before releasing them from the muffin tray.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 of 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 3g