Instant Pot Indian Lamb Curry is a quick, easy, and absolutely delicious take on traditional lamb curry. This dairy-free lamb curry recipe uses coconut milk instead of heavy cream or yogurt to keep the curry creamy without the dairy.
A couple of years ago, I noticed that dairy wasn’t sitting with me as well as it used to and after taking a food sensitivity test, it was confirmed I have a delayed immune response to dairy.
That said, Indian curry is usually rich in heavy cream or half & half. I couldn’t possibly give up some of my favorite Indian-inspired meals, so I simply now make Indian curry with coconut milk instead of cream.
Which arrives us at what we’re doing here today. A quick, easy and delicious recipe for Instant Pot Indian Lamb Curry. Making curry in your pressure cooker is bangarang!
It requires hardly any time or effort, you can make a ginormous amount if you’d like, and it results in a lovely aromatic meal that will make you swoon!
Don’t be afraid of the super long ingredient list – most of the ingredients are spices, most or all of which you probably already own.
Aside from the spices, there are minimal ingredients required. All you need is lamb stew meat, coconut milk, tomato sauce (diced tomatoes work too!), and spinach.
How to Make Instant Pot Indian Lamb Curry:
Brown the lamb in your Instant Pot, then add all ingredients for the sauce (everything but the spinach) and stir well.
Cook on high for 15 minutes then allow Instant Pot to go into keep warm/natural release mode for 20 minutes. Manually release any remaining pressure.
Add the spinach and replace the cover. Give it a couple of minutes to allow the spinach to wilt, then stir well.
Enjoy this speedy quick and easy dairy-free lamb curry recipe!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lbs lamb stew meat
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp ground corriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, optional
- 1/8 tsp saffron threads, optional
- 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, optional
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Plug in your Instant Pot and press the Saute button. Add the oil and allow it to heat up for a couple of minutes. Add the lamb stew meat and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the meat has a nice sear on it.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the spinach to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and select the Manual button. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, keeping the vent sealed. Allow Instant Pot to go into natural release (keep warm) mode for 20 minutes. Manually release any remaining pressure before opening the lid.
- Stir in the spinach and replace the cover. Allow curry to sit for a couple of minutes as the spinach wilts.
- Serve lamb curry with choice of steamed rice, coconut rice, or turmeric/saffron rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 25gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 33g