Coconut rice is quick and easy to make on the stove top and only requires a few ingredients! Serve it with your favorite entrees and enjoy!
Coconut rice is quite possibly the most magical rice in all the land. If you’ve never had it, you’re in for a treat! Cooked with full-fat canned coconut milk, coconut rice has a subtle sweet flavor with a rich and creamy essence. It is perfect for serving with curry or just about any main dish, if you ask me!
Let’s whip up a batch!
How to Make Coconut Rice:
Add all ingredients (rice, coconut milk, water, coconut aminos, and sea salt) to a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat and cook without touching for 15 minutes (or as long as your package of rice sauce).
Remove rice from heat, fluff with a fork, then cover again and allow it to sit another 5 to 10 minutes without touching.
Serve with your entrée and enjoy!
What Type of Rice to Use:
I use organic long-grain white rice and find it turns out with the perfect texture. I wouldn’t recommend using instant rice, as the texture may turn out very mushy. You can also use sushi rice, brown rice, or wild rice – just be sure to note the cooking times on the package!
Main Dish Serving Suggestions:
Here are some of my favorite entrees with which you can serve coconut rice:
- Thai Paleo Panang Curry
- Instant Pot Pot Roast with Balsamic Gravy
- 30-Minute Chicken Green Curry
- Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja (Cuban Shredded Beef)
- Chicken Massaman Curry
- Crispy Salmon with Basil Coconut Milk Sauce
- 30-Minute Thai Green Curry with Avocado
- 30-Minute Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Lemon Rosemary Braised Chicken Thighs
- You can replace the coconut aminos with 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup. I use the coconut aminos for sweetness.
- Add some grated lime zest for a zesty approach!
- Use brown or wild rice instead of white rice – just be sure to follow the package instructions for the appropriate cook time.
- For a creamier, rice pudding texture, add another 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk.
- Double the recipe if serving more than 4 people
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Coconut Rice, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
You put the rice in the coconut!
- Add all ingredients (rice, coconut milk, water, coconut aminos, and sea salt) to a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat and cook without touching for 15 minutes (or as long as your package of rice sauce).
- Remove rice from heat, fluff with a fork, then cover again and allow it to sit another 5 to 10 minutes without touching.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 13gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gProtein 4g