An easy, comforting plant-based meal made conveniently in your crock pot.
A crock pot and a bag of lentils always leads to victory.
This crock pot Tunisian Lentil Stew requires minimal effort, results in delicious flavor and texture, and leaves you with a full, happy belly.
Leftovers aplenty = victory! This lentil stew recipe has warm, cozy seasoning, an exotic flair, and feeds quite a few people.
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 7 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium recommended
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato or Yukon potato, chopped into ½” cubes
- Golden raisins and plain yogurt for serving
- Rinse the lentils well.
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot, stir and cook on low for 6 hours. If the lentils are still under cooked after 6 hours, increase the heat to high and cook until liquid is thick.
- Blend ¼ to ½ of the lentils (leaving the potatoes whole) in a blender until smooth and add the blended lentils back to the crock pot and stir. Serve with plain yogurt, raisins and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Unsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 39gNet Carbohydrates: 25gFiber: 14gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g