Moist and fluffy gluten-free banana pancakes with bananas foster topping. This incredibly flavorful stack of pancakes is deceptively quick and easy to prepare.
When was the last time you ate something that caused your basic communication function to shut down, bring you fully present, and leave you with a loss for words?
And what was it? Spare no details, please.
Because I have multiple food intolerances, I’ve trained my mind fibers to view food as one of those life necessities and no longer feel the need to have an otherworldly spiritual experience with every meal (although I certainly welcome said experiences); however, every once in awhile, I eat something that causes an operating system meltdown, and this was not one of those situations.
It was x 1,409.
Words: gone. Mind: blown. Belly: satiated. Soul: full.
There’s truly nothing like a stack of pancakes, and while I fully get that nothing will ever beat a plate-sized ultra spongy diner pancake with gobs of butter and table syrup, I feel strongly about the fine art of the perfectly engineered gluten-free pancake and its ability to rival even the finest of traditional pancake recipes.
While the base is made with rice flour and almond flour, you’d never guess these pancakes were gluten-free.
Through all of my gluten-free experimentation over the years, I’ve found the rice flour and almond flour combo yields a pretty epic texture that closely mimics wheat flour.
I make the pancake batter with ripe bananas infused right in for ultra comforting banana bread flavor.
Perhaps one of the best features of this recipe is it’s made in the blender for a no-fuss approach to your weekend breakfast.
The inspiration for these pancakes came from the Banana Bread Almond Flour Pancakes recipe I posted a number of years ago.
I re-created it with a few minor tweaks, and decided it needed some boozy caramelized bananas to go on top.
Let’s talk about those boozy caramelized bananas. Holy stromboli, you haven’t lived until you’ve caramelized a banana with a splash of booze.
It yields that sweet, creamy melt-in-your-mouth experience with that softened booze kick, which just sends your taste buds into overdrive and gives you that ever so subtle chest buzz.
Sprinkle on a little sea salt, and forgetaboutit. Mic drop.
If you’re looking to make egg-less (vegan) banana pancakes, try making the Vegan Banana Pancakes recipe I posted years ago using flax eggs.
For those times you’re looking for a little somethin’ somethin’ to start the day off with an epic foodgasm, let these be the center of your attention.
Get love drunk off deez boozy beauts..
Gluten-Free Bananas Foster Banana Pancakes
Bananas Foster Topping:
- 2 large ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons spiced rum or whisky
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground cinnamon
Prepare the Pancakes:
- Add all ingredients for the pancakes to a blender and blend until smooth. Allow batter to sit 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet with enough coconut oil or avocado oil to coat the bottom (about 2 to 3 teaspoons) over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is fully hot, measure out 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour onto the hot skillet. Cook until the sides of the pancake begin to firm up, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until pancakes are cooked-through. Repeat for remaining pancake batter.
Bananas Foster Topping:
- Heat the butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Slice the bananas in ¾-inch rounds, and place them on the hot skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bananas have begun to soften. Add the spiced rum, pure maple syrup, sea salt, and ground cinnamon. Flip the bananas carefully (they will be delicate!), and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until bananas are very soft and caramelized.
- Serve banana pancakes with chopped pecans and bananas foster topping.
More Gluten-Free Pancake Recipes:
- Vegan Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Basic Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Grain-Free Almond Butter Protein Pancakes