A recipe roundup of gluten-free healthy freezer meals from The Roasted Root and from some of my favorite websites. Check out these nutritious meals that can be consumed now or saved for later!
A couple of weeks ago, I had a reader request freezer meals. Happy to oblige! Nothing pleases me more to provide inspiration or resources for meals that are easy to prepare and save. After all, cooking shouldn’t be complicated (IMHO).
In this post, I am including my favorite recipes from my site that can be frozen, thawed, and re-heated easily, as well as mouth-watering recipes from around the web.
Which Foods Freeze & Reheat Well?:
In general, plenty of liquid and/or fat and minimal vegetables makes a great freezeable meal. You’re pretty safe with anything that is smothered in tomato sauce, a cream-based sauce or coconut milk sauce.
Take lasagna for instance. It includes sauce, minimal fresh vegetables, and plenty of fat (from the cheese and/or meat). Casseroles, meat-centric soups (hello, chili!!!), curries, and recipes using pantry staples freeze and reheat well without tasting funky.
Hearty vegetables, like root vegetables, winter squash, onion, and peppers freeze and reheat very well, but less hearty vegetables like cauliflower and zucchini do not.
As an exception to this, recipes that are fairly dry for the most part, such as veggie burgers, meatballs, breaded meats, and/or animal protein burgers are great candidates for freezing to reheat and consume later.
So let’s dive in! Here are my favorite healthy freezer meals from both The Roasted Root and from around the web.
Freezer Meals From The Roasted Root:
- Paleo Beef Stroganoff
- Nightshade-Free AIP Chili
- Small Batch Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Instant Pot Paleo Pumpkin Chili
- Wild Rice Chicken Casserole
- Baked Salmon Burgers
- Beef and Lentil Chili
- Tuna Rice Casserole
- Lemon Herb Salmon
- Creamy Rosemary Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Paleo Swedish Meatballs
- Beet and Black Bean Burgers
Freezer Meals From Around The Web:
- Keto Low Carb Pizza Casserole from Wholesome Yum
- Low Carb Taco Pie from All Day I Dream About Food
- Stovetop Southwest Tuna Mac and Cheese from Ambitious Kitchen
- Vegan Mushroom Stew from Making Thyme For Health
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Peas and Crayons
- Shrimp Creole Recipe from Recipes From A Pantry
- Mexican Sweet Potato and Quinoa Casserole from Fit Foodie Finds
- Cabbage Rolls from Homespun Seasonal Living
- Crock Pot Tuscan White Bean and Lemon Soup from Halfbaked Harvest
- Freezer Lasagna from Dessert for Two
- Moroccan Chicken Stew from Stephie Cooks
- Easy 2-Ingredient Butternut Squash Lentil Soup from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Baked Turkey Meatballs from Flavor The Moments
- Creamy Paprika Chicken Skillet from Everyday Maven
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Spinach Meatballs from Everday Maven
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken from Unsophistic Cook
- Mini BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves from Iowa Girl Eats
- Chili and Rice Casserole from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Moroccan Carrot Red Lentil Soup from A Cedar Spoon