Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is a colorful side dish with anti-inflammatory health benefits to give your immune system a little boost!
Roasted cauliflower is one of those dishes I find to be a crowd-pleaser each and every time I make it.
In fact, I often double what I anticipate I’ll need, because people often end up loving it so much! A shortage of roasted cauliflower is bad news!
Combining my all-time favorite superfood, turmeric, with one of my favorite vegetables, this Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is a true delight.
It turns out so flavorful with earthy, creamy, umami flavors with the slightest kick…so of course it is addicting! It requires basic ingredients you probably already have on hand and is an excellent go-to side dish for any night of the week!
Let’s discuss the ingredients!
Ingredients for Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower:
Cauliflower: The rockstar of the show! We use one big head of cauliflower to make this healthy side.
Avocado Oil: Avocado oil protects the cauliflower during the baking process so that it doesn’t burn and its fat content provides flavor.
Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce): A huge flavor contributor, liquid aminos (or soy sauce) add a richness, umami flavor and some salt. You can add more or less to your personal taste.
Ground Turmeric: The sidekick to the rockstar of the show, ground turmeric adds an extra pop of flavor along with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Garlic Powder: A sprinkle of garlic powder is an easy way of adding flavor to any roasted veggie dish. Replace garlic powder with 2 to 4 cloves of fresh garlic if you’d like.
Black Pepper: Black pepper not only adds great flavor to a dish, it also enhances the health benefits of turmeric! Whenever you cook with turmeric, be sure to add some black pepper to unlock all those amazing qualities of turmeric.
Sriracha: Adding spice to this veggie side dish makes it even more tantalizing! Sriracha adds tang and heat – you can adjust it up or down according to your preferred level of heat.
Sea Salt: Sea salt enhances the flavors of this dish all the way around! Add it to your personal taste.
Now that we’re experts on the ingredients, let’s chat about why turmeric is such a magnificent superfood.
Health Benefits of Turmeric:
- Packed with antioxidants, which helps eliminate free-radicals, thereby preventing disease, slowing down the aging process, and fighting cancer.
- Natural anti-inflammatory (great for those with autoimmunity, arthritis, or those looking to heal from something…anything!)
- Could lower risk of heart disease by improving the function of the endothelium (the lining of your blood vessels).
- Boosts the levels of your brain hormone, BDNF, which can help reverse and prevent brain-related illnesses like Alzheimer’s and depression.
How Much Turmeric Should I Use?:
If you’re brand new to turmeric, start very small. Turmeric has a unique flavor that can come off as bitter to those who aren’t accustomed to it.
If you don’t have experience cooking with or consuming turmeric, start with ¼ teaspoon then gradually work up to a full teaspoon.
I imagine most people who have tried turmeric will be comfortable around ½ to 1 teaspoon.
In addition to the powerful flavor, turmeric does stain! Be sure you’re careful when preparing this recipe to not touch any clothing or kitchen utensils, appliances, towels, etc. that you don’t want stained.
To avoid staining anything, use a large stainless steel mixing bowl for tossing everything together and wash your hands well after tossing. Also be sure to wash the mixing bowl and baking sheet 🙂
How to Make Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Chop the cauliflower into florets, removing the hard inner core.
Place the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Use your hands to toss everything together until everything is well-coated in oil and seasonings.
Spread the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer.
Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
Serve turmeric roasted cauliflower with your main entrée.
I hope you love this roasted cauliflower as much as we do!
More Healthy Side Dishes:
- Crowd-Pleasing Roasted Vegetables
- Crispy Vegan Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Cheesy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Celery Root and Carrots with Parsley and Dill
- Maple Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets, removing the hard inner core. Place the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Use your hands to toss everything together until everything is well-coated in oil and seasonings. Spread the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer.
- Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your main dish and enjoy!