The BEST Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe made dairy-free and refined sugar-free using basic pantry ingredients. This healthy zucchini bread recipe is perfectly moist, fluffy, and perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
I’m going to give you THE secret.
You ready for it?
The center of a THICK slice of heated fresh zucchini bread with butter saturated all the way through.
All the way, we’re winners, meow.
It’s as though your face has won the lottery, is sleeping soundly in a pile of warm clean laundry (all cotton) AND summer has un-cancelled itself.
That is the secret.
But…salted butter now, you hear?
So here’s the deal with this loaf.
- Refined sugar-free
- Ultra moist
- Crazy fluffy
- Easy to assemble
- Loved by kids of all ages
It’s easy to throw together at a moment’s notice (all you need is one big bowl and some measuring cups…not stand mixer necessary). You may have everything you need already. BUT if you don’t, no worries, we have options for adapting this thing according to what you do have in your pantry.
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread:
Gluten-Free Flour: I use a gluten-free flour blend, which can be used as a 1:1 replacement for regular all-purpose flour. I use King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour but you can use your favorite blend.
I have not yet tested the recipe using any other GF flour blend. I’m betting Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour is amazing! If you use a different flour blend, please feel free to drop a comment below letting us all know what worked!
Don’t replace the gluten-free flour blend with a grain-free flour, as the result will not be the same!
Zucchini: The main event here! We simply grate up 1 medium-sized zucchini to generate 2 cups of grated green. Don’t worry, you won’t need to drain the zucchini first…I budget the moisture into the recipe, because I’m too lazy to wait for zucchini to leach moisture.
Coconut Sugar: Keeping it refined sugar-free, coconut sugar has a naturally caramel-ish flavor and is lower on the glycemic index than cane sugar. If you don’t have any on hand, swap it for brown sugar or granulated cane sugar. You can also use a sugar-free sweetener to keep it lower carb.
Ground Cinnamon: GO WILD with the cinnamon. I use 2 to 3 teaspoons in my zucchini bread and banana bread. It does amazing things for the flavor and sweetness of a baked good.
Eggs: Makes the zucchini bread nice and fluffy and holds together.
Coconut Oil: The fat to lube this thing up, keep it nice and moist and help do the chemistry magic to ensure the loaf loaves itself. It’s science.
Baking Soda + Sea Salt: Baking soda is used to leaven the bread, making it nice and fluffy and hold-togethery-y. Sea salt brings out the cinnamon and sweet flavors. Don’t skip it!
How to Make The Best Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, then stir in the grated zucchini. Stir in the coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and stir until it becomes difficult to combine. Add in the melted coconut oil and continue stirring until a thick batter forms and everything is well-combined.
Transfer to the parchment-line loaf pan and smooth into an even layer.
Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, until very golden on top and bread feels firm when gently poked in the center.
Allow bread to cool at least 45 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you’re looking for a grain-free version of this recipe, follow my Paleo Zucchini Bread recipe.
- Use avocado oil or melted butter instead of coconut oil
- Add ⅔ cup chocolate chips.
- Add ⅔ cup chopped raw walnuts.
More Gluten-Free Bread Recipes:
- The Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread
- Flourless Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
Where melted butter goes to thrive..
- 1 medium zucchini , grated, 2 cups
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, then stir in the grated zucchini. Stir in the coconut sugar (and vanilla extract if adding).
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and stir until it becomes difficult to combine.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and continue stirring until a thick batter forms and everything is well-combined.
- Transfer to the parchment-line loaf pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, until very golden on top and bread feels firm when gently poked in the center.
- Allow bread to cool at least 45 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 slice of 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 15gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 31gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g