Insanely moist and fluffy Almond Flour Zucchini Bread with chocolate chips makes for a warm and inviting treat. This delicious grain-free zucchini bread recipe has amazing texture – you’d never guess it’s grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
Always in search of the perfect loaf of zucchini bread, I have developed many bread and muffin recipes over the years.
Using various flours, sweeteners, and add-ins (think chocolate chips, chopped nuts, cacao powder, etc.), there is a world of opportunity to NAIL the perfect loaf using ingredients that work great with your bodacious bod.
No need to sacrifice flavor, texture and loaf appeal in the name of dietary restrictions…we can have it all this time!
If we were to take inventory of my zucchini muffin and bread archive, here are the highlights:
- Keto Zucchini Bread: I posted this recently! It is a low-carb zucchini bread recipe for my followers who enjoy a ketogenic or sugar-free diet. The post includes both a coconut flour option and an almond flour option!
- The BEST Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe – Made with gluten-free all-purpose flour, this is a gluten-free version of the classic and it is just fantastic!
- Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Super rich and moist with double chocolate goodness, made with coconut flour, almond flour and tapioca flour.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – Made with gluten-free all-purpose flour and studded with chocolate chips, these muffins are just GREAT…there’s no other way to say it 🙂
But this loaf…Words cannot express the overwhelming adoration I have for this beautiful baby.
This Almond Flour Zucchini Bread checks then double checks every box when it comes to a perfect zucchini bread.
The warm, inviting cinnamony zucchininess, spiced to perfection. The chocolate studded bliss. The moist, fluffy, incredible texture…
It just feels like stopping at one slice is an injustice.
Even if you don’t eat a grain-free or gluten-free diet, this bread will bring you joy. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Here’s what you need to make this almond flour zucchini bread happen.
Ingredients for Almond Flour Zucchini Bread:
Eggs, almond flour, tapioca flour, full-fat canned coconut milk, coconut sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, allspice, sea salt, zucchini, chocolate chips are the ingredients in this grain-free almond flour zucchini bread
The combination of almond flour and tapioca flour yield a fluffy, light, yet substantial texture – almost identical to regular all-purpose flour.
We use coconut sugar to sweeten the loaf to keep it wholesome (coconut sugar is less processed than cane sugar), and to make it lower on the glycemic index. If you bake using cane sugar, make the 1:1 swap, no big deal!
Full-fat canned coconut milk provides the fat in this recipe to ensure we’re balancing our chemistry equations. It’s a great dairy-free alternative to butter and no, you can’t taste it! Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk instead of light coconut milk to ensure the bread turns out incredibly moist.
The vanilla extract and allspice are optional ingredients here, but I truly feel they level up the WOW factor on the zucchini bread!
How to Make Zucchini Bread with Almond Flour:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well-combined.
Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the grated zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Don’t worry, you don’t need to stir the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl first as long as you stir them into the batter well (unless of course you want to!).
Then stir in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips!
Note: If you’d like, you can prepare the batter using your blender instead of a mixing bowl!
Pour the batter into the parchment-lined loaf pan and smooth it into an even layer. If you’d like, you can top it with more chocolate chips.
Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the bread is deeply golden-brown on top and tests clean.
Allow the bread to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving (if you slice when the bread is too hot, the slices will fall apart.)
- If you prefer using pure maple syrup instead of coconut sugar, follow my Paleo Zucchini Bread Recipe – just note it also incorporates coconut flour!
- Add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Omit the chocolate chips.
- Substitute hazelnut flour for the almond flour.
I hope your adoration of this bread runs as deeply as mine! Enjoy!
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 3 1/2 cups Super Fine Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 1.5 cups)
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well-combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the grated zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Then stir in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips!
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined loaf pan and smooth it into an even layer. If you’d like, you can top it with more chocolate chips.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the bread is deeply golden-brown on top and tests clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 of 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 22gCarbohydrates 39gNet Carbohydrates 34gFiber 5gSugar 25gProtein 13g