Vegan Pumpkin Chili with black beans and quinoa is a hearty meal perfect for fall and winter. This meatless chili is easy to adapt using your favorite vegetables and beans.
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot.
Made with pureed pumpkin, black beans, quinoa, bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this easy vegan chili recipe is filling, packed with nutrients and flavor, and is so easy to prepare in your crock pot!
I find slow cooking chili is not only convenient (you literally just dump every last ingredient into your crock pot, go to work, and come home to a fabulous dinner), but it also results in a mega flavorful meal. Because the flavors cook together for so long, the result is completely mouth watering!
Two secret ingredients that make this recipe pop are a touch of pure maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
The pure maple syrup offsets the acidity from the tomatoes and spice from the bell peppers and chili powder, while the pumpkin pie spice adds marvelous unique warm flavors.
Perfect for fall, winter, and beyond!
I use my 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker to make this chili. It’s so easy! All I do is add all the ingredients, give them a big stir, and set it on high for 4 hours.
As an alternative, if you’re setting up the chili at night or in the morning before work, you can cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
This Crock-Pot is completely goof-proof to use. You can set it on high or low and choose the amount of cook time, making it ideal for setting it up and multi-tasking or even leaving the house for work or errands.
This is an excellent make-ahead recipe for meal prep, is fabulous for entertaining guests, and is great for feeding the whole family!
Let’s make it!
How to Make Slow Cooker Vegan Pumpkin Chili:
Chop up the vegetables and add them to the slow cooker along with the black beans and quinoa. Stir everything well to combine.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
Secure the lid on the slow cooker and slow cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 to 10 hours).
Stir well and serve with your choice of toppings.
- Add any of your favorite hearty vegetables. Carrots, celery, butternut squash, sweet potato, and/or cauliflower would be great!
- If you aren’t vegan, you can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth, and add ground turkey, beef, or chicken.
- Top with coconut milk yogurt and/or non-dairy cheese of choice.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours if desired.
- If serving more than 5 or 6 people, consider doubling the recipe.
Stir it up!
Crock Pot Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Add all ingredients for the chili to your slow cooker and stir well to combine. Secure the lid and Slow cook on high 4 hours (or cook on low for 8 to 10 hours). Stir well and serve with green onion and choice of toppings.