Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes with pecans, feta cheese, and balsamic drizzle is an incredibly flavorful side dish, packed with nutrients. Serve it alongside your main entrée for a filling meal.
For me, fall is all about getting silly cozy and indulging in things that warm me inside and out.
It’s about those off-yellow, green, and orange colors that you couldn’t possibly wear any other time of year, and that super warm decades-old hoody with torn kangaroo pockets you stole from your dad circa 1995.
Fall is the season for fleece, cinnamon, mulled wine, and by golly, it’s about side dishes!
Call me crazy, but I could eat pounds upon pounds of roasted vegetables.
They are my ultimate comfort food.
You may have seen in my Crowd-Pleasing Roasted Vegetables recipe that I typically use a large variety of vegetables; however, from time to time, I like to keep it simple using 2 or 3 veggies, then making it fancy it with nuts, cheese, and a reduction sauce.
This simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes recipe is the perfect side dish for fall and winter.
Roasting the brussels sprouts and sweet potato with spices gives the vegetables extra flavor.
Adding the pecans, feta cheese, and balsamic reduction takes the dish to a unique level without adding a whole lot of complication.
Ingredients for Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes:
What we need to make this healthy side dish happen is fresh brussels sprouts, sweet potato, feta cheese, pecans, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, sea salt, and a pinch of allspice.
This combination of flavors and textures is so pleasing to the palate and happens to pair very nicely with just about any main entrée!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into ½-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the brussels sprouts, sweet potato, olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, allspice, and sea salt to a small casserole dish (8" x 8" or 9" x 13" will both work!). Toss everything together to coat the veggies.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake 30 to 45 minutes, stirring once half-way through, or until veggies are golden-brown and cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high and bring to a full boil. Cook at a full (but controlled) boil, stirring frequently, until vinegar is reduced by 1/2 of its original volume, about 5 minutes.
- Taste veggies for flavor and add salt to taste. Serve roasted veggies with pecans, feta, and balsamic reduction drizzled on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 20gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 6g