Roasted Beet Pesto Sauce with walnuts is a superfood sauce perfect for pasta, sandwiches, pizza…anywhere a pesto can go!
https://www.theroastedroot.net” width=”600″ height=”900″>
There’s a roasted beet pesto on the schedule.
But first, I want to discuss my writer’s blockage. Do they make a drain-o for that? It happens. On the reg. Sometimes the words are fertile and abundant.
Sometimes they’re an endangered species in a Salvador Dali painting. Whoa, that’s extreme. Sometimes it takes a lot of music to talk about beet pesto. Or a lot of wine. Or both plus a little flashdance.
It can be a process. You’d think a beet pesto discussion would come naturally. But it can require some really, really weird rock videos. Nothing like Muse to be my creative muse.
Told ya. Takes an army.
Do you think Florence ever gets writer’s block? Doubtful.
And beet pesto…it kinda speaks for itself.
I could have saved you a lot of word-reading and youtube watching had I just said that at the beginning, but really, beet pesto is its own thing and it’s really very tasty. I
t doesn’t taste beet-y the way…beets do. It tastes nutty, creamy, and it’s great for you. If you’re a sauce person, like me, you’ll spoon feed it to yourself before it can see the likes of pasta noodles.
Get your beet on!
More Pesto Recipes:
- 1 cup red beets, chopped and roasted (about 1 medium beet)
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roasted
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the beet and pat it dry. Peel and chop it into ½” cubes and place the pieces on a large sheet of foil. Wrap the chopped beet in foil, making a foil packet.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until beets are soft and juices are seeping out.
- Allow beets to cool completely.
- Add all ingredients except for the oil to a food processor or blender and pulse several times.
- Leaving the food processor (or blender) running, slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined. If the pesto is too thick for your blender to process, add a small amount of water until desired consistency is reached.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 of 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 20gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g