Greek Salad with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, bell pepper, and zesty Greek salad dressing. Pair it with any main entrée and other side dishes for a fresh healthy meal!
Easy Greek Salad is here for all those times you’re looking for a healthy side dish to serve friends or family for any occasion.
Authentic Greek Salad, known as Horiatiki salad is a popular salad in Greek cuisine.
Cool crisp cucumbers, tangy juicy tomatoes, zippy crunchy bell peppers, buttery olives, and creamy feta cheese make an incredible marriage of color and flavor.
When tied together with delicious easy Greek vinaigrette, you’re looking at a show-stopping side that everyone loves.
Major bonus: the delicious ingredients for this Greek recipe can be found at any grocery store!
Make this healthy salad for BBQ’s, picnics, or any time the craving strikes!
Let’s discuss the fresh ingredients for Greek salad.
Greek Salad Ingredients:
What is in Greek Salad?
Greek salad includes English cucumber, cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), olives (green olives, black olives, or kalamata olives), red onion, green bell pepper (red bell pepper works too), feta cheese.
This combination of ingredients makes a refreshing, cooling salad with fresh texture, vibrant color, and all sorts of fresh flavors.
If you’re up for it, chop up a creamy avocado and add it to this vibrant salad for an infusion of texture, flavor, and healthy fats.
You can also add leafy greens like romaine lettuce for a simple salad or swap large tomatoes for cherry tomatoes if you’d like!
Greek Salad Dressing:
Extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic, a splash of red wine vinegar, fresh oregano, fresh dill, salt and black pepper are the traditional ingredients that make up Greek vinaigrette.
You can also use dried oregano or dried dill if you already have them on hand. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard or some chopped fresh parsley if you like it.
Greek salad dressing is zesty, herby and refreshing!
Use this simple dressing for any of your favorite salads. You can make it up to 5 days in advance and keep it in a jar in the refrigerator.
Now that we’ve covered the simple ingredients for this delicious salad, let’s make a Greek salad!
How to Make Greek Salad:
Stir together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Peel the cucumbers, then cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds, then cut them into large chunks.
Slice the tomatoes and olives in half, thinly slice the red onion, and chop the bell pepper.
Add all of the ingredients for the Greek Salad to a mixing bowl.
Pour all of the dressing on top and mix together until everything is well-coated in dressing.
Serve this fresh Greek salad in a salad bowl immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
The fresh veggies are best when served immediately so I recommend serving this healthy Greek salad recipe within 24 hours of making it.
Enjoy this traditional Greek salad recipe with crusty bread or pita bread alongside any main dish for a great addition to your meal.
Pro Tip: To cut some of the sting of the raw red onion, slice it up ahead of time and soak it in a little red wine vinegar, lime juice, or lemon juice. This will soften it up and take away some of the bite.
If you love salad recipes, this fresh and easy Greek Salad recipe also pairs nicely with Mediterranean Chickpea Salad and Greek Pasta Salad.
Looking for main dish inspiration for a complete meal? Enjoy Greek Salad alongside any of these main dishes.
What to Serve With Greek Salad:
- Easy Greek Chicken
- Mediterranean Salmon in Parchment Paper
- BBQ Tri Tip
- The BEST Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Baked Garlic Butter Salmon
- Smoked Brisket
- Grilled Salmon
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad
If you try this recipe and love it, be sure to leave a 5 star rating and/or a review to tell others your thoughts!
Classic Greek salad, here we GO!
Authentic Greek Salad
Refreshing traditional Greek Salad with fresh veggies and Greek vinaigrette for a healthy side dish! Pair it with any main dish for a delicious meal.
- 1 large ripe cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green olives, halved*
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- ⅔ cup feta cheese
Greek Salad Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil**
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar***
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Stir together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl or measuring cup.
2. Peel the cucumbers, then cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds, then cut them into large chunks.
3. Slice the tomatoes and olives in half, thinly slice the red onion, and chop the bell pepper. Add all of the ingredients for the Greek Salad to a mixing bowl.
4. Pour all of the dressing on top and mix together until everything is well-coated in dressing.
5. Serve this fresh Greek salad in a salad bowl immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. The fresh veggies are best when served immediately so I recommend serving this healthy Greek salad recipe within 24 hours of making it.
6. Enjoy this traditional Greek salad recipe with crusty bread or pita bread alongside any main dish for a great addition to your meal.
*Replace the green olives with black olives or kalamata olives if you’d like
**You can also use avocado oil
***Use rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you don’t have red wine vinegar.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 Serving (of 6)
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 11gCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 3g