Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies made grain-free with almond flour and sweetened with a touch of pure maple syrup. These perfectly-spiced cookies are amazing during the fall months when you’re craving something sweet but not too sugary.
Chocolate chip cookies are my ultimate weakness. Any type, all types, crunchy, chewy, gooey, nutty, you name it, I love it. These paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my newest obsession.
Pumpkin and chocolate are like butternut squash and bacon…brussel sprouts and balsamic…spaghetti squash and pesto…they just go together so seamlessly, it’s like they were star crossed lovers, destined to be put together.
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Highlights:
- Oil and butter-free
- Refined sugar-free
- Packed with pumpkin spice flavor and gooey dark chocolate
One special note before you proceed: this is a softer cookie – almost muffin top-like. You’ll want to bake them longer or use slightly less pumpkin for a harder cookie if that’s your jam.
And one tip: Don’t skimp on the sea salt or pumpkin pie spice – both lend to the sweetness of the cookie without adding sugar. Without them, the flavor falls flat. I like sprinkling my cookies with sea salt, because let’s face it: sugar + salt = hyper palatability x infinity.
- You can swap the dark chocolate for white chocolate (white chocolate + pumpkin = a torrid love affair)
- Add some chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Are you a fan of dried cranberries? I suppose you can add those as well. 😉
How to Make Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
What do you need to know about preparing these cookies? Really nothing special..you mix your wets, your drys, then combine the two just like you do a regular batch of cookies.
Drop the dough on a baking sheet in the same shape you want the cookies to be – these cookies don’t rise or spread during baking. I roll up the dough in balls and bake them that way, then lightly press them into discs after they come out of the oven.
Bake ‘em on up, then slowly savor one like the good little self-controlled human you are.
They’re the chocolate to your pumpkin…
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with Chai Caramel Glaze
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Snack Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
- Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray) or line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the first 4 ingredients (egg through vanilla extract) to a mixing bowl and whisk well (note: you can also use a stand mixer). In a separate bowl, stir together the next 4 ingredients (almond flour through baking soda).
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet and stir until combined. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Drop cookie dough onto a large baking sheet in the same shape you want the cookies (the cookies will not rise or spread while they bake. I like to bake the dough in balls and then gently press them into a disc/cookie shape once they are finished baking).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies reach desired level of done-ness.