Gluten-Free bacon cheddar biscuits that are perfectly crispy yet soft and oh-so cheesy! These delightful lumps are amazing for making breakfast sandwiches, biscuits and gravy, using as burger buns, etc.
I thought I’d do something a little different today and share a recipe I threw together on a whim that happened to turn out FABULOUSLY.
Last weekend, I had a biscuits and gravy fest and made these INCREDIBLE gluten-free bacon cheddar biscuits. I posted them on my Instagram stories and the crowd went wild. So I figured I would share the recipe!
I didn’t have my good camera with me to shoot photos, but I figured you NEED the recipe for your own weekend baking adventures, so here we are!
While I haven’t had a chance to re-test the recipe yet to be sure it’s just perfect, I’m confident you will love it!
Let’s bake them!
How to Make Gluten-Free Bacon Cheddar Biscuits:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Chop the bacon and cook in a skillet over medium-high until crispy. Set aside until ready to use.
Add the gluten-free flour, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder and sea salt to a mixing bowl and stir together.
Add the solid coconut oil (or ghee or butter) and use a fork or pastry cutter to incorporate into the flour. Continue mashing/stirring until pea-sized bits form.
Pour the water into the mixing bowl and stir well until a thick dough forms. Stir in the cooked bacon and grated cheese until well-combined.
Form a large ball out of the dough, then section it into 6 equal pieces. Using your hands, form round scones out of each ball of dough and place on the baking sheet.
Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.
Serve and enjoy!
What Kind of Gluten-Free Flour Should I Use?:
I make the biscuits with Bob’s Red Mill’s 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour. I’ve heard King Arthur’s gluten-free blend is also amazing but have yet to try it myself. Do note that not all gluten-free flours are created equally, so for best results, be sure to use a brand you’re familiar with.
What To Do With Biscuits?:
So happy you asked. I made a breakfast sandwich out of one of the biscuits and also used a biscuit later that same evening as a burger bun. They are also fabulous as is…butter and jam anyone? Ugh SO tasty!
What will you do with your gluten-free bacon cheddar biscuits?
You May Also Love:
- Sweet Potato Rolls with Maple Bacon Glaze
- Gluten-Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- Easy Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- Keto Everything Bagels
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Chop the bacon and transfer to a skillet. Heat over medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy. Transfer bacon to a plate and set aside until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the gluten-free flour, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder and sea salt.
- Chop the 4 tablespoons of butter into chunks and add them into the mixing bowl with the flour mixture. Use a fork or pastry cutter to incorporate into the flour. Continue mashing/stirring until pea-sized bits form.
- Pour the water (or milk) into the mixing bowl and stir well until a thick dough forms. Stir in the cooked bacon and grated cheese until well-combined.
- Form a large ball out of the dough, then section it into 6 equal pieces. Using your hands, form round scones out of each ball of dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 biscuit (of 6)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 9g