Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes made paleo friendly with coconut flour. Dairy-free, moist, fluffy, and amazing! Serve it up with stewed apples for an amazing breakfast!
After trying Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes for the first time, I’ve made all sorts of renditions!
They’re just so moist, fluffy, and inviting…just like a regular pancake!
Plus, they are lower carb, grain-free, and super easy on the digestive system.
Not to mention, they keep you feeling full for hours, unlike standard pancakes where I find myself hungry not too long after eating.
These Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are a true delight.
We get the fluffy yummy pancakes with an amazing stewed apple cinnamon topping for the perfect bite!
While these pancakes require more cooking time than regular pancakes (because coconut flour pancakes are a different beast with different needs!), they are well worth the effort!
Let’s dive into the details!
Ingredients for Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes:
For the Pancakes: Coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and walnuts.
Coconut flour is four times more absorbent than any other grain-free flour, so you need more eggs and liquid than with recipes using almond flour, for instance. Due to the higher moisture content, these pancakes require more time to cook than regular pancakes.
You can use unsweetened almond milk instead of coconut milk if you’d like, and you can skip the vanilla extract or walnuts.
For the Apple Topping: Apples, cinnamon, pure maple syrup, water, and a pinch of sea salt.
This super simple combination results in the most amazing stewed apple topping for your luscious pancakes!
Let’s make them!
How to Make Grain-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes:
Prepare the Apple Topping:
Heat all of the ingredients for the stewed apple topping in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring it to a full boil. Reduce the heat slightly, cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reached your desired level of thickness.
Make the Pancakes:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until all of the clumps of flour are out and the batter is thick and smooth.
Heat a skillet or pancake griddle over medium heat and add enough oil or butter to generously coat the surface.
Once the skillet has heated up for a few minutes, measure out 1/4 cup of batter and pour it onto the skillet.
Allow the pancakes to cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the sides have set up. Carefully flip and cook for an additional 2 to 4 minutes, or until the pancakes are cooked through.
If at any time the pancakes begin to burn, reduce the heat! These pancakes require lower heat and more time than regular pancakes.
Repeat for the remaining batter and serve with apple cinnamon topping.
Note: To speed up the process, cook the batter in two separate skillets at the same time.
For an almond flour version, make my Paleo Apple Pancakes!
More Grain-Free Pancake Recipes:
- Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes
- Grain-Free Almond Butter Protein Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Zucchini Pancakes
- Lemon Coconut Flour Pancakes For Two
Enjoy these warm and inviting coconut flour apple pancakes!
For the pancakes:
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (optional)
For the Apple Topping:
- 2 honey crisp apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
To Prepare the Apple Topping:
- Add all of the ingredients for the apple topping to a small saucepan and heat on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened. Remove the lid and continue cooking until the topping has reached your desired level of thickness.
To Prepare the Pancakes:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet and stir well until all of the clumps are out (coconut flour has a tendency to be chunky, so just keep mixing until a smooth batter forms.)
4. Heat a skillet or pancake griddle to medium-low heat and add enough oil to coat the surface. Once the skillet is all the way hot, measure out about ¼ cup of the pancake batter and pour it on the skillet. Allow pancake to cook until sides are firmed up, and middle begins firming up too, about 6 to 8 minutes (no joke!). Carefully flip the pancake and cook another 2 to 4 minutes, until pancake is cooked all the way through.
5. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve pancakes with the apple topping, and enjoy!
*You can also use unsweetened almond milk
Nutrition facts are calculated for the pancakes only, not including any toppings.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 of 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 15gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 5g
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.