Kale salad with pepitas, dried cherries, cotija cheese, and lemon-parsley dressing.
How was your weekend? Are you enjoying all the daylight hours? Has it warmed up in your neck of the woods yet? We enjoyed 70-degree weather over here in No Winter’s Land, and it already feels like summer. Summer = bikinis = salad, yes?
I’ve been on a quest to copycat my three favorite kale salads from restaurants in town. Like I told ya last week, this is what we recipe developers do when we get bored of our own cooking. We make Other People’s Recipes (OPR). A few months ago, I posted a Lemony Kale Salad with Parmesan Crisps (copycatted from Campo). I then posted this Spicy Kale Caesar Salad with Roasted Garlic (copycatted from Bowl), and finally, I’m posting the Highway to Kale, from Laughing Planet. You guys it’s so full of goodies, I can hardly wait for you to eat it!
What is the kale is the Highway to Kale? WELL. Lemme just tell you. It involves lots of dino (lacinato) kale, pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, and a little sprinkle sprinkle of cotija cheese on top. Wrapped up in the most bangarang lemon-parsley dressing in all the land. The lemon-parsley dressing is the real clincher for this salad. It’s so flavorful and unique, plus didyouknow parlsey is ridiculously good for you? It’s suuuuuper high in Vitamin K, followed by Vitamins C and A, and is pegged as a cancer-fighting food (learn more about parsley here).
This bowl has all my favorite salad elements: The crunch, the sweet, the cream. Just.put.a.ring.on.it.already!
You guys, I have a sneaking suspicion you’re going to addict yourself to this salad. Unlike most of my salad recipes, there’s zero cooking involved. The thing goes down real easy, and need I tempt you further by telling you this ish will clean you right out? It will. Super digestive stimulant right here!
Can we talk about your digestive system a little more? Just kidding, that’s awkward.
We’re on the hiiiiiiiighway to kale!
Copycat Laughing Planet Highway to Kale SaladPrint
- 1 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 lemon zested
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 8 ounces lacinato and red leaf kale thinly sliced
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese grated + more for serving
Prepare the Lemon-Parsley Dressing:
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
Prepare the salad:
- Add all ingredients for the salad to a large serving bowl. Add desired amount of lemon-parsley dressing and toss well to coat. Serve heaping bowlfuls of salad with additional cotija cheese grated on top.
Looking for more delicious and nutritious salad recipes? Try these on: