Air Fryer Green Beans are a quick, easy, healthy side dish that can go with any main entrée! This simple vegetable side dish recipe has beautiful flavor and texture for all the green bean lovers out there.
For all my air fryer lovers out there, you’ll get a kick out of these air fryer green beans. They require mere minutes to make and result in perfectly cooked green beans!
The ideal pairing for any entrée, crispy air fryer green beans is one of those easy side dishes you can put on repeat throughout the busy workweek and the whole family, including picky eaters, will enjoy it.
I made green beans in the air fryer for the first time back when I made my Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops. They turned out so well that I just had to make a dedicated recipe post for them, in spite of how simple they are to make.
In addition to making this perfect side dish to go alongside any meal, you can make big batches of green beans in the air fryer for meal prep.
Simply store them in an airtight container and add them to any meal. Or enjoy them as a healthy snack!
If you can’t find fresh green beans or if you happen to have frozen green beans on hand, I have included instructions for air fryer frozen green beans as well.
All we need is a few simple ingredients to make this fresh and frisky side!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Green Beans:
Green Beans: Pick up fresh green beans from the produce section of your grocery store, or buy frozen green beans.
For the best results, be sure to trim the tough ends off of the green beans before tossing them in the air fryer.
Olive Oil: A little olive oil (or avocado oil) works wonders in giving the beans a nice protective coat so that they cook evenly and don’t dry out while air frying.
If you love butter, you can melt two tablespoons of butter in the microwave and use melted butter instead.
Garlic Powder: A touch of garlic powder brings a lovely rustic flavor to the green beans.
Onion powder, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, Cajun seasoning and chili powder are also great options. Any simple seasonings you love will work.
Sea Salt: Add salt to your personal taste. You can also add black pepper if you love it.
Options for Serving:
- Sprinkle the green beans with freshly grated parmesan cheese (or favorite cheese) and lemon zest if you’d like.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice or lime juice.
- For a little kick, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Coat the green beans with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (omit the salt) before air frying if desired.
- The easiest way to cook green beans is coming right up!
Now that we have the ingredients list down, let’s make green beans in air fryer!
How to Cook Green Beans in Air Fryer:
Rinse the green beans well, then pat them dry with a paper towel (or allow them to drip dry in a colander).
Chop the ends of the green beans off using a sharp knife, then toss them in a large bowl with olive oil (or cooking oil of choice), sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Transfer green beans to the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to make multiple batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Air fry green beans at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your preference. I find 6 to 7 minutes to be perfect for me, where the green beans have softened and are beginning to turn golden-brown but are still slightly al dente. For crispy green beans, cook closer to 8-10 minutes.
The exact cooking time depends on the thickness and temperature of the green beans going into the air fryer.
French green beans (haricot verts), which tend to be a little thinner than string beans will require slightly less time.
Thicker beans, more time. Green beans at room temperature will take less time than green beans that have been chilling in the refrigerator.
If you use a lower air fryer temperature, adjust the cook time upward accordingly.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
No worries if you can’t find fresh green beans. Here’s how to make green beans from frozen in the air fryer.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans:
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Toss the frozen green beans in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Transfer the green beans to the basket of the air fryer and air fry at 400 degrees for 11 minutes.
And that’s it! An easy healthy green bean recipe that could very well become a household staple.
Enjoy green beans alongside your favorite chicken, salmon, beef, or pork main dish.
If you’re looking for more healthy side dishes, check out these reader favorites.
More Healthy Side Dishes:
- Creamy Dairy-Free Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
- Perfect Roasted Carrots
- Avocado Salad
- Garlic Butter Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Healthy Creamy Coleslaw
- The Best Broccoli Salad
Green beans in a jiffy!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse the green beans well, then pat them dry with a paper towel (or allow them to drip dry in a colander).
- Chop the ends of the green beans off using a sharp knife, then toss them in a large bowl with olive oil (or cooking oil of choice), sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Transfer green beans to the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to make multiple batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry green beans at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your preference. I find 6 to 7 minutes to be perfect for me, where the green beans have softened and are beginning to turn golden-brown but are still slightly al dente.
- For crispy green beans, cook closer to 8-10 minutes.
- For frozen green beans, preheat the air fryer for a few minutes prior to using and air fry for 11 minutes at 400.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.