6-Ingredient No-Bake Cookies made with oats, almond butter, cocoa powder and honey. These gluten-free oat cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and require no baking!
When you have a hankering for something sweet and cookie-like, but have zero desire to bake…
These easy no-bake cookies call for only whole food ingredients, zero baking, and come together in less than 15-minutes.
I made them for a camping trip and kept them in an ice chest to share with all the happy campers.
Do you have children or are you an all-star aunt / uncle / godparent / babysitter / child at heart who does rad projects with your kidlets?
These are an awesome kitchen project to do with kids. No-bake cookies are simple enough to prepare that kids can feel as though they are a pivotal part of the process, and they are quick enough the kidlets won’t loose their attention span to the nearest cartoon or meme.
Plus, the recipe needs no eggs so finger licking is encouraged.
Let’s conquer these!
How to Make No-Bake Cookies:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (don’t freak out…we aren’t baking, we’re just creating a safe space for the no-bake cookies to dwell).
Add everything except the oats to a saucepan and heat over medium.
Whisk constantly until everything is smooth and combined. Remove from heat and add in the rolled oats. Stir well until all of the oats are coated in the almond butter and chocolate mixture. The mixture should be thick and sticky but not stick to your hands when you’re making the cookies.
Drop a large spoonful of the cookie “dough” on the parchment paper and mold them however you’d wish. You can leave them as haystack style drop cookies or form them into discs the way I did.
Note: If you have cookie cutter, feel free to use cookie cutters as molds to make fun shapes like stars or hearts or unicorns or mermaids…most definitely mermaids!
Transfer the whole cookie sheet of cookies to the refrigerator and refrigerate until set up, about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!
- Add chopped nuts and/or dried fruit for a trail mix approach
- Use butter or ghee instead of coconut oil (Note: don’t replace the coconut oil with any oil that is liquid at room temperature, such as avocado oil. You need a fat that will turn solid when refrigerated).
- Use peanut butter instead of almond butter (or really any nut butter…just be sure to stir it very well first).
- Swap pure maple syrup or rice syrup for the honey to make vegan.
How to Store No-Bake Cookies:
If you keep your house cooler (less than say 70 degrees), the cookies can be kept on the counter. I keep mine in a sealed container in the refrigerator because my house stays pretty warm. Err on the side of caution and keep these puppies cool. You don’t want your no-bake cookies to melt, meow!
No-Bake Cookies all summer long!
If you like this recipe, also check out my Crunchy 4-Ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies!
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes:
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Paleo Lemon Bars
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Vegan Key Lime Tarts
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add everything except the oats to a saucepan and heat over medium. Whisk constantly until everything is smooth and combined. Note: avoid bringing the mixture to a boil...it only needs to be heated to combine the ingredients but does not need to be hot.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the rolled oats. Stir well until all of the oats are coated in the almond butter and chocolate mixture. The mixture should be thick and sticky but not stick to your hands when you’re making the cookies.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cookie “dough” on the parchment paper and mold them however you’d wish. Place the sheet of cookies in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour or until cookies have set up.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 of 18
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 14gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 19gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 5g