30-Minute Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! This fun and frisky meal is sure to be a staple in your home.
Get ready for your new favorite dinner recipe! If you can relate to any of the following, you’re in for a real treat!:
Love chicken teriyaki…it’s a childhood favorite and makes your heart fairies flutter.
If you’re all about Chinese takeout, value your time and only want to dedicate 30 minutes to dinner, and/or enjoy healthy meals, this is right up your alley! It..
- Requires only one skillet (and one pot if you’re making rice)
- Takes 30 minutes or less to make!
- Gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free (see notes on teriyaki sauce below)
This silly simple Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe includes only a few basic components: chicken thighs, teriyaki sauce, bell pepper, and green beans. BOOM, thassit! And avocado oil.
Let’s talk teriyaki.
What Type of Teriyaki Sauce to Use:
Really, you can use any teriyaki sauce you’d like. My top two suggestions would be to make it homemade by following my recipe for Paleo Teriyaki Sauce – this results in soy-free, refined sugar-free teriyaki for those of you with dietary restrictions.
As an alternative, you can purchase a paleo-friendly teriyaki sauce from the store. Coconut Secret Teriyaki Sauce is an AMAZING option. You can find it at Whole Foods and many regular grocery stores. If you aren’t soy and sugar-free, Veri Veri Teriyaki is my favorite non-paleo teriyaki sauce.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry:
Begin by browning the chicken.
Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Add the chopped chicken thighs and cook until browned and much liquid has rendered, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
Add bell pepper and green beans to skillet, stir, cover and cook 3 minutes.
Transfer chicken and teriyaki sauce to skillet. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
Uncover and cook 5 to 8 minutes, until sauce has thickened and desired done ness is achieved.
Serve chicken teriyaki stir fry with choice of rice, cauliflower rice, rice noodles, vegetables noodles, etc.
- If you don’t follow a Low-FODMAP diet, add ½ yellow onion and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Replace green beans and bell pepper with preferred veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and/or zucchini.
More 30-Minute Meals!:
- 30-Minute Green Chicken Curry
- 30-Minute Vegetable and Ground Beef Skillet
- 30-Minute Chicken Fajitas
- 30-Minute Summer Vegetable Curry
Dinner in 30 minutes flat? Let’s do it!
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Teriyaki Chicken, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Begin by browning the chicken. Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Add the chopped chicken thighs and cook until browned and much liquid has rendered, about 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Add green beans and bell pepper to the skillet. Stir, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and teriyaki sauce to skillet. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 to 8 minutes, until sauce has thickened and desired done ness is achieved.