Vegetarian red curry made in only 30 minutes! Yellow squash, zucchini, potato, carrot, and bell pepper are stewed in aromatic coconut milk for a filling yet healthful meal.
Red curry in a hurry! Speedy quick! Lightning fast! Super healthful and simple!
Back when I was in Bend at the beginning of the summer, the man stallion and I ate lunch at a cafe just before driving back to Reno. The cafe had all sorts of sandwich and salad options, but I was instantly drawn to the red curry. It came out so fresh and tasty, I knew I needed to recreate it at home, and best of all: I knew it would be easy to do so.
Using in-season summer vegetables, coconut milk, and red curry paste, you can make this healthful meal in a flash. My carnivorous friends: you can easily add chopped chicken breast, shrimp, or pork to this recipe for some animal protein.
Speaking of customizations, lets talk…
Options for Recipe Change-Ups:
- You can use this recipe as a gateway to all your 30-minute curry needs using any in-season veggies. Consider incorporating any winter squash (such as butternut kabocha, acorn, etc.), sweet potato, bok choy, tomato, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Add spinach, chopped kale or chard for some extra superfood infusion.
- To make this a well-balanced meal, add plant-based or animal-based protein of choice, such as your favorite beans, tofu, egg, chicken, or shrimp.
I developed this recipe in partnership with Kroger. You can find it on their Inspired Gathering site, along with a plethora of other tasty seasonally-inspired recipes.
This recipe was origionally posted on Kroger’s Inspired Gathering site
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- sea salt
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat the coconut oil to medium-high in a large skillet or wok. Add the carrot and potato. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened but are still al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare the curry sauce by pouring the coconut milk and curry paste into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the bell pepper, ginger, and garlic to the skillet with the veggies and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash, along with the red curry sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until squash is cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Taste curry for flavor and add sea salt to taste. Serve curry with cooked rice and fresh cilantro.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 g
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g