30-Minute Summer Vegetable Red Curry is a vegetarian Thai red curry recipe made in a flash! Yellow squash, zucchini, potato, carrot, and bell pepper are stewed in aromatic coconut milk for a filling yet healthful meal.
Red curry in a hurry! Speedy quick! Lightning fast! Super healthful and simple!
Back when I was in Bend, Oregon at the beginning of the summer, the man stallion and I ate lunch at a café just before driving back to Reno.
The café had all sorts of sandwich and salad options, but I was instantly drawn to the red curry.
It came out so fresh and tasty, I knew I needed to recreate it at home, and best of all: I knew it would be easy to do so.
Using in-season summer vegetables, coconut milk, and red curry paste, you can make this healthful meal in a flash.
My carnivorous friends: you can easily add chopped chicken breast, shrimp, or pork to this recipe for some animal protein.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are super simple!
Ingredients for Vegetarian Thai Red Curry:
Bell pepper, zucchini squash, yellow squash, potato, fresh ginger, garlic, canned coconut milk, and red curry paste.
The red curry paste is what enables us to make this fast curry recipe in just 30 minutes, as we would otherwise be toasting spices and slow cooking the sauce to get the right flavor.
You can mix in your favorite veggies, add your favorite animal protein or plant-based protein.
Speaking of customizations, lets talk…
- You can use this recipe as a gateway to all your 30-minute curry needs using any in-season veggies. Consider incorporating any winter squash (such as butternut kabocha, acorn, etc.), sweet potato, bok choy, tomato, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Add spinach, chopped kale or chard for some extra superfood infusion.
- To make this a well-balanced meal, add plant-based or animal-based protein of choice, such as your favorite beans, tofu, egg, chicken, or shrimp.
30-Minute Summer Vegetable Red Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 Yukon Gold potato chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium zucchini squash chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 2 14-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- sea salt
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat the coconut oil to medium-high in a large skillet or wok. Add the carrot and potato. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened but are still al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare the curry sauce by pouring the coconut milk and curry paste into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the bell pepper, ginger, and garlic to the skillet with the veggies and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash, along with the red curry sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until squash is cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Taste curry for flavor and add sea salt to taste. Serve curry with cooked rice and fresh cilantro.