Zucchini, goat cheese and tomato frittata – a simple, healthful summer-inspired recipe that is amazing for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
If you’re looking to use up your stash of cherry tomatoes and your bounty of zucchini, look no further, my friends!
This zucchini, goat cheese and tomato frittata makes for a healthy meal, yet is fancy enough in its tangy goat cheese splendor to feel like a treat.
While I typically enjoy my frittatas first thing in the morning for breakfast, this one makes for an awesome dinner frittata…or snack, brunch, linner, bressert, no matter how you slice it.
How to Make a Zucchini, Goat Cheese and Tomato Frittata:
Making this recipe is super easy! All we do is…
- Preheat the oven and saute the vegetables in a skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs and goat cheese in a bowl.
- Transfer the sauteed veggies to a casserole dish or oven-safe baking dish of choice.
- Pour the egg/goat cheese mixture over the sauteed vegetables.
I know what you’re thinking: this looks like a frittata cake, as it’s made smack dab in the middle of a cake pan. Fret not, my friends: you can also use a cast iron (or oven-safe) skillet, casserole dish, or pie pan.
I simply used a 10-inch cake pan to change up my ush frittata aethetic. Savory egg cake bake? I’ll eat the whole thing!
More Amazing Zucchini Recipes:
- Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Herb Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Vegan Red Curry Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- Thai Zucchini Noodles with Sesame Almond Ginger Sauce
- Zucchini, Arugula and Feta Frittata
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your support!
If you make this Frittata, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini, 3 small zucchini squash
- 1 cup cherry/grape heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini, tomato, garlic, and sea salt. Continue sauteing until zucchini has softened but is still al dente, and the skins of the tomatoes begin to wilt, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well-beaten. Whisk in the crumbled goat cheese.
- Transfer the sauteed veggie mixture to an 10-inch round baking pan or casserole dish. Pour in the egg/goat cheese mixture and use a spoon to evenly spread the veggies and eggs in the pan.
- Place on the center rack of the oven with a baking sheet underneath (just in case - to catch any egg that spills over). Bake for 32 to 40 minutes, until eggs have set up and are golden-brown on top. Let frittata sit 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g