Thai Zucchini Noodles with bell pepper, cabbage, carrot, cashews, and a sesame almond ginger sauce. This nutritious meal is paleo and vegan and perfect for whipping up any night of the week!
These Thai Zucchini Noodles were one of those magnificently pleasant surprises for me.
As I mentioned a couple weeks ago in my Avocado Pesto Zoodles post, I took a break from zucchini noodles after I went on a spiralizing frenzy circa 2014.
But now I’m back in full swing and I’ve been making and enjoying all sorts of healthy zucchini noodle dishes!
This one involves a creamy sesame ginger sauce with almond butter (it’s so crazy good), plenty of vibrant vegetables and some nutty crunch to tie it all together.
It will rekindle your zoodle flame, I do solemnly swear.
Have I mentioned the sauce?? It makes the whole thing so dreamy.
Ingredients for Thai Zucchini Noodle Bowls:
Made with almond butter, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, ginger, and sesame oil, the sauce for the Thai zoodles is easy to prepare in your blender and is super flavorful.
Hint: you can always make a double batch of the sauce and use it for any of your bowls or stir fry…I did and didn’t regret it!
This plant-based vegan dinner recipe is colorful and full of variety.
We incorporate zucchini, bell pepper, red cabbage, and carrot for one of those taste-the-rainbow experiences. I enjoyed the zucchini noodles with raw cashews for a lighter meal, and have also prepared them with crispy broiled salmon for some added animal protein.
You can get creative with your protein additions.
I love adding My Go-To Crispy Salmon!
You can chop up a boneless skinless chicken breast or slice up some pork and cook it with the zoodles, or even add some shrimp.
If you’re looking to keep the zucchini noodles vegan but want extra protein, add some chickpeas, black beans, or serve with a hard boiled egg.
Keep Calm and Zoodle On!
Thai Zucchini Noodles with Sesame Almond Ginger Sauce
Sesame Almond Ginger Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or more sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt to taste
Thai Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced*
- 1 red bell pepper cut into match sticks
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini squash spiralized
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Prepare the Sauce:
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a small blender and blend until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
Make the Zucchini Noodles:
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and bell pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently until zucchini noodles have softened, but are still al dente, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sauce and continue stirring until everything is well-combined and coated. Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
- Serve Thai zucchini noodles with cashews, lime wedges, chopped cilantro (or basil), and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.