Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa, Pears, Pecans, dried cranberries, and goat cheese makes for a completely delicious vegetarian meal.
Do you ever stuff your acorn squash?
Roasted acorn squash is absolutely magnificent in its own right, but stuffed acorn squash? Swoon!
This easy recipe is a simple vegetarian meal (or side dish) than can be prepared any night of the week.
We stuff the acorn squash with quinoa, pears, pecans, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. This easy recipe is warmly-spiced with cinnamon and orange zest for a flavorful dish!
All things considered, this is a super flavor-blasted, texturally pleasing meal!
It’s cozy, it’s comforting, it’s filling without being overly heavy…and it’s scrumtrulescent!
Basically, it’s nutty fall flavors all up in your palate. It’s healthy, it’s delicious. The quinoa will become a staple in your home…I guarantee it!
If you’re into the stuffed acorn squash concept, be sure to check out my Stuffed Acorn Squash with Ground Beef, Kale, and Brussels Sprouts or my Pear Apple Walnut Stuffed Acorn Squash.
Quinoa stuffed acorn squash, represent!
For the Roasted Acorn Squash
For the Quinoa stuffing
To Prepare the Roasted Acorn Squash
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut the tip and tail off of each acorn squash, and them length-wise.
- Scoop the seeds and innards out of each half.
- Drizzle each half with about a tablespoon of olive oil, so that all of the flesh is lightly coated.
- Drizzle each half with about a tablespoon (or two) of honey.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and cinnamon over the squash.
- Place the acorn squash cut-side up on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the squash is very tender when poked with a fork.
To Prepare the Quinoa stuffing
- Rinse the quinoa well and soak it in a small pot for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add 1.5 cups of water to the pot. Bring the quinoa to a full boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and allow the quinoa to simmer until all of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, cinnamon, and salt.
- Once the quinoa is finished cooking, transfer it to a large bowl and pour the orange dressing over it.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything together well.
- Scoop desired amount of quinoa stuffing into each acorn squash and serve!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 14gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 66gFiber 7gSugar 18gProtein 8g