When you become closer to 30 than 20 it dawns on you that a little sophistication may be in order.
Maybe you start drinking fancy wine or micro brews. Health becomes the foundation for the way you want to live the rest of your life.
The days of Honey Bunches of Oats and Fruity Pebbles are over no. matter. how. much you. love. them. Potentially, you stop buying toothpaste, shampoo, lotion and underwear that costs 99 cents. You buy organic. You resolve that you’ll never use Wet N’ Wild nail polish ever again. You become – do I daresay? – sophisticated.
You are now interested in the news. And achieving balance. The London Interbank Offer Rate suddenly matters to you and not because you heard Jim Cramer talking about it.
Why? Because you’re sophisticated. You make your own sauces and they make you feel wise…even if the sauce is composed of three ingredients and takes 30 seconds to stir. Still makes you feel sophisticated.
When you’re closer to 30 than 20 you realize it’s no longer about Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies in the red box with the yellow writing. It’s about shrimp tacos with spicy chipotle lime sauce, a large glass of sauvignon blanc, and life. You’re sophisticated.
…Until you wake up in the morning, chew on advil and suck down non-fair trade non-organic coffee because amidst all your sophisticated conversation the previous night, you drank too much, ate far too many Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies like you were back in college again and now it’s all you can do to keep your head from pounding from your shaky sugar hangover.
And then when you recover, you go double time at the gym….not for looks or anything…winky face.. Why? Because sophisticated or not, 30 or 20, you’re just you. Don’t fight it.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, or olive oil
- ½ pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch of salt, ground black pepper, paprika
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ in can chipotle chilies adobo sauce, chopped, about 7 chipotle chilies or 3.5 ounces
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/8 head of cabbage, sliced
- 4 tortillas or your choice, I use La Tortilla Factory green chili corn and flour tortillas
- Red onion
- Prepare the Chipotle Lime Yogurt Sauce. Add the yogurt, chopped chipotle chilies and lime juice to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a skilled over medium high. Place shrimp on their side and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and paprika. Allow them to cook until the tails turn pink, no more than one minute. Flip them over then cook another 30 seconds to 1 minute until shrimp are pink and no longer transparent.
- Heat the tortillas on a skillet, about 45 seconds each side. Place chopped cabbage, shrimp and desired amount of chipotle sauce on tortillas and add your favorite toppings, such as red onion, avocado or guacamole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g