Guys! guys! Shut up and listen to me (name that TV show and character)!
It’s not every day I post snacky recipes. One, because I’m not a snacker. Two, because my inexperienced idea of snacks tends to be dull from a blog perspective. Three, because you don’t seem to be a snacker either. I see you shaking your head in disagreement. Stop that.
In my opinion, the highest level of sophistication means sitting in a book-filled study, reading the daily newspaper while listening to NPR, sipping on brandy and eating rosemary candied walnuts. Done. Sophistication. Food for thought.
This is the worthiest snack I ever did make and I originally made these to go on a salad (shoooooooocking), and not to be eaten as a snack at all. But as it turns out, they’re flip-yo-lid awesome. These rosemary candied walnuts are naturally sweetened using honey and made their debut on this blog when I posted the Massaged Kale Salad with Creamy Blueberry Vinaigrette. They’re great as is, they’re great on salads…combine them with dried fruit and other nuts (chocolate chips?) to make the swankiest trail mix in the backwoods!
I promise I’ll never tell you to shut up again. Those is fightin words.
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 cups whole raw walnuts
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons dried or fresh rosemary
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- Add the oil and walnuts to a small skillet and heat over medium-high.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to coat the walnuts.
- Stirring consistently, cook until rosemary is very fragrant and walnuts have some color, about 3 to 5 minutes. Careful not to walk away from the nuts because they burn easily!
- Lay the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet to dry, leaving space between them so that they don’t stick together.
- Enjoy in your study with brandy and books...or in the backwoods
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g