Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Quinoa is a creamy, dreamy vegan soup recipe that’s easy to prepare whenever the craving strikes!
www.theroastedroot.net” width=”600″ height=”900″>
Heading down south to the land of the pines, I’m thumbing my way into North Caroline.
. . .
Seriously…I’m en route North Carolina! My friend, Sandi is getting tied to the hitching post…saying some vows, doing the nuptials, getting married!
Sandi and I lived together for three years in California and then she decided to return home to North Carolina. It wasn’t on account of my cooking I can tell you that, hardy har har!
Let’s all hike up our britches and wish Sandi Lou and her honey comb the best of marriages ever (can you tell how good I am at this stuff?
Probably fortunate she didn’t ask me to make a toast, huh? Huh?).
So real quick: roasted sweet potato soup. It’s so easy to make, very comforting, and nothing but great for you! It takes the chill off of a cool autumn or winter’s eve. Plus it tastes real nice!
I’ll be blogging atcha from North Cackalacky. . .even when I’m away, I just can’t stay away.
And here’s a roasted sweet potato soup with quinoa on top. Make it! Pick a banjo and make it!
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted (about 2.5 cups when pureed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups full-fat canned coconut milk*, full fat recommended
- 1 quart vegetable broth*
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1.5 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cooked quinoa
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Plain yogurt/sour cream
- Drizzle of oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato, wrap it in foil, and roast it in the oven for 60 minutes or until very soft. When sweet potato is finished roasting, allow it to cool then carefully scoop the flesh out the skin and place it in a blender (you can also leave the skin on).
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil to medium and saute the onion until transluscent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, sage, red pepper, and sage, and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the blender with the sweet potato, along with the chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the soup back into the saute pan (or large pot) to heat it to desired temperature.
- Serve with cooked quinoa, fresh chopped cilantro, and plain yogurt (or sour cream).
*you can also use chicken broth
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g