Moist and fluffy paleo coffee cake banana bread with walnut streusel topping! This healthy grain-free quick bread recipe is the perfect mashup of classic banana bread and coffee cake for a stellar breakfast or snack.
If banana bread and coffee cake swaddled each other in a tender warm embrace…
This Coffee Cake Paleo Banana Bread would be the result.
Combining two of my favorites: coffee cake and banana bread, this grain-free loaf is topped with a cinnamony walnut streusel topping. You inquire about the flavor? Butter. It tastes like heavenly, silky butter.
This banana loaf is moist, perfectly sweet, warmly spiced and has that nice crunchy texture up top. A riff off my classic Paleo Banana Bread, this loaf combines ripe bananas, almond flour, tapioca flour, and just a touch of pure maple syrup.
All in all, this Coffee Cake Banana Bread is…
- Gluten-free and Grain-free
- Refined sugar-free
- Oil free
- Moist, dense, fluffy, perfectly sweet
- Easy to prepare
- A good source of fiber and protein
- Perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go
- …includes a vegan option (keep reading below)
Do note – if you are egg-free, or vegan, I have included a vegan option using flax “eggs” in place of regular eggs. Take a look in the recipe below for the details.
How to Make Coffee Cake Paleo Banana Bread:
Start by making the walnut streusel topping. Simply stir everything up in a small bowl and set it aside!
You can prepare the batter in a blender or in a mixing bowl – either way, it comes together speedy quick! Simply combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the dry, or toss everything into a blender.
Once you have your batter, transfer it to a parchment-lined loaf pan and sprinkle with the walnut streusel topping. Bake and enjoy!
The most difficult part about this recipe is waiting for the loaf to come out of the oven while your nostrils are being tempted by the tantalizing aroma of cinnamony banana bliss.
May I suggest serving thick slices of this bread warm with a dollop of butter or ghee? And possibly a drizzle of honey?
No matter how you slice it, you’re in for a treat!
Love quick bread? Check out these recipes:
- Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread
- Paleo Banana Bread with Almond Butter Glaze
- Paleo Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Bread
My cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, is now available! CLICK HERE to check it out. Thank you for your all your support!
If you make this Coffee Cake Banana Bread, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram!
Slice it up!
Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread
Prepare Walnut Streusel Topping:
- Stir together all ingredients for the walnut topping in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use.
Make the Banana Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining (dry) ingredients. Transfer the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the wet and stir until well combined.
- Pour half of the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of the walnut topping, creating an even layer. Repeat for remaining banana bread batter and walnut topping.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until golden-brown around the edges and firm in the center. Turn off the oven and leave bread in the warm oven another 10 minutes.
- Remove coffee cake banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.