Fluffy and delicious gluten-free matcha mug cake only requires a few ingredients and about 5 minutes to make. This naturally sweetened dessert-for-one is a healthier dessert option.
Do you all remember when I quit coffee a few years ago and simultaneously crash landed into a full-tilt matcha latte obsession? Honestly, I kind of overdid it on the mug o’ matcha sitch, and haven’t really bounced back.
I will say, I can down some Green Tea Coconut Milk Ice Cream, and do love a good Matcha Chia Seed Pudding, but because of my big Matcha Latte OD Circa 2014, my relationship with the beverage hasn’t been the same since.
Which brings me to my newest matcha preference: Matcha mug cake. You guys, I just love this mug of unadulterated bliss. It’s easy to prepare when post-dinner dessert craving hits, it’s packed with flavor, it is otherworldly with white chocolate chips and pecans…it’s just a dream boat.
Generally, I’m a big fan of mug cake for a number of reasons:
- They take a total of about 5 minutes to make
- No leftovers to tempt me into overindulgence
- They can easily be made on the healthier end of the cake spectrum with little effort.
Simply stir together the ingredients for this cake in a measuring cup, nuke on high in the microwave for a couple of minutes, top with your goodies, and wait with bated breath as the dang thing cools enough to consume.
Serving options? You can go nuts here. I like the white chocolate chip and pecan combination with a drizzle of full-fat coconut milk on top. You can do fresh fruit, any sort of homemade sauces or whipped cream, granola, whatever’s your jam! Consider eating this beauty for breakfast 😉
That’s it! Get your mug’s worth of fluffy cake perfection!
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the mug cake in a large mug until the batter is completely smooth. Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes, until mug cake has risen and is cooked through. Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, chopped pecans, and white chocolate chips. Allow cake to cool for a few minutes before diving in
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 g
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g