Fluffy and delicious gluten-free matcha mug cake only requires a few ingredients and about 5 minutes to make. This naturally sweetened dessert-for-one is a healthier dessert option.
It appears as though matcha can be a very polarizing tea.
Either folks LOVE it fiercely, or they could do without it.
You may guess based on the fact that I drink a Bulletproof Matcha Latte every single morning which camp I fall into.
Which brings me to my newest matcha preference: Matcha mug cake.
You guys, I just love this mug of unadulterated bliss.
It’s easy to prepare when post-dinner dessert craving hits, it’s packed with flavor, it is otherworldly with white chocolate chips and pecans…it’s just a dream boat.
Generally, I’m a big fan of mug cake for a number of reasons:
- They take a total of about 5 minutes to make
- No leftovers to tempt me into overindulgence
- They can easily be made on the healthier end of the cake spectrum with little effort.
This Matacha Mug Cake is just so easy to prepare. Have a look!
How to make Matcha Mug Cake:
Simply stir together the ingredients for this cake in a measuring cup, nuke on high in the microwave for a couple of minutes, top with your goodies, and wait with bated breath as the dang thing cools enough to consume.
Serving options? You can go nuts here. I like the white chocolate chip and pecan combination with a drizzle of full-fat coconut milk on top. You can do fresh fruit, any sort of homemade sauces or whipped cream, granola, whatever’s your jam! Consider eating this beauty for breakfast 😉
That’s it! Get your mug’s worth of fluffy cake perfection!
Gluten-Free Matcha Mug Cake
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the mug cake in a large mug until the batter is completely smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes, until mug cake has risen and is cooked through.
- Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, chopped pecans, and white chocolate chips. Allow cake to cool for a few minutes before diving in