Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond flour and sugar-free sweetener are a low-carb chocolate chip cookie recipe.
These sugar-free double chocolate chip cookies are grain-free, easy to make dairy-free, and amazing for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
You know what they say…
Double the chocolate, double the fun! 😉
These Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are all-things soft, chewy, crispy, gooey, and absolutely sinfully rich in chocolate amazingness!
They’re grain-free, sugar-free, can easily be made dairy-free, and are moist, rich and delicious!
Plus, they are no more difficult to make than regular cookies!
I make them when we have dinner with our friends or family who follow a sugar-free or keto diet. They’re always the center of attention.
Let’s chat about the simple ingredients needed for these tasty cookies.
Ingredients for Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Butter: Unsalted butter gives these double chocolate cookies that mega important ultra buttery butter flavor. The fat content of butter is crucial in making the chemistry of cookies work out.
You can also use ghee to make these lactose-free but still have that butter taste. If you’re dairy-free, you can replace the butter with softened (not melted) coconut oil.
Sugar-Free Sweetener: Sugar-free granulated sweetener makes these cookies sugar-free, low-carb and keto-friendly. My top three go-to brands of sugar-free sweeteners are Lakanto, Swerve, and Truvia.
If you have sugar-free brown sugar on hand, I recommend using it, as it produces a little richness that is so inviting!
Egg: One egg helps hold these cookies together, gives them a chewiness and a bit of fluff.
Pro Tip: if you have the forethought, bring the egg out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before you begin the recipe to bring it to room temperature.
Almond Flour: The grain-free flour used in this keto cookie recipe is almond flour. I use Bob’s Red Mill’s Super Fine Almond Flour, so bear that in mind when you make this recipe, as different brands of almond flour have different absorbencies.
If the cookie dough turns out crumbly or dry, you’ll need to add another 1 to 3 tablespoons of butter, depending on the absorbency of the almond flour.
Cocoa Powder: Giving these double chocolate chip cookies extra richness and chocolate flair, we use cocoa powder. I often use raw cacao powder for my baked goods, but unsweetened cocoa powder works great too!
Baking Soda: Baking soda helps leaven cookies. Without it, cookies spread out rather than fluffing up. Don’t skip it!
Sea Salt: Enhancing the flavor of these cookies, sea salt brings out the sweetness and the rich chocolate flavor in these cookies.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies: The double chocolate portion of the recipe! Use your favorite sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Lily’s Keto Chocolate Chips) to make these cookies extra chocolatey, gooey, and sweet.
You can also do as I do sometimes and chop up a sugar-free chocolate bar (I also use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bars) for even larger hunks of chocolate. 🙂
How to Make Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Scrape the edges of the stand mixer using a rubber spatula.
Pour the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt into the stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until a thick dough forms.
Add in the chocolate chips/chunks and beat until combined.
Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Scoop mounds of dough using a small ice cream scooper or form dough into balls using your hand. Drop dough on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies reach desired done-ness.
Allow cookies to cool at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
More Keto Dessert Recipes:
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Keto Cowboy Cookies
- Flourless Keto Chocolate Cake
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Dairy-Free Keto Coffee Cake
- Keto Mug Cake
Double the chocolate, double the fun!
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar-free sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Scrape the edges of the stand mixer using a rubber spatula.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt until well-combined. Pour the flour mixture into the stand mixer with the butter-sugar and beat on medium-high speed until a thick dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips/chunks and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking oil).
- Scoop mounds of dough using a small ice cream scooper or form dough into balls using your hand. Drop dough on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies reach desired done-ness.
- Allow cookies to cool at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.